Follower Meeting

With the ghost's tip, Tsukauchi was able to track down the ram horned guy in question. They followed him for two days, noticing how he stopped at an unmarked building for exactly twenty minutes before walking back to his apartment. With his hunch, Bakugo and Izuku were called in for their undercover work on the third day.

Their plan was to sneak in during those twenty minutes and see what the hell was going on inside the building. It had been a few days, but other than the ghost's tip, they had nothing. They had no lead and no idea where to follow this case since each spot was mostly random. The police did, however, issue a warning to the main area where the kidnappings were happening to warn people to watch their surroundings closely.

So there they were, Bakugo and Izuku, waiting until that ram horned guy from the store approached the building.

"This guy is fucking taking forever."

"Do you have no patience? What about your pro hero work?"

"Most of the time I get called in for times where we know all the details from the building design to the reason why the villains are meeting here. We have the intel to move forward and strategize. But with this fucking thing we just have to guess our best and hope we don't die when we get in. "

"Are you getting bored? Is that it?" Izuku asked, receiving only a scoff in his direction before Bakugo angled his head away from him. He understands why Bakugo must be like this since the case is taking him away from most of hero work just like he had to cut back on his hours as a bartender. Luckily for him, the bar owner is very understanding and lets him work flexible hours to let him focus on cases. "Tell me more about you hero work while we wait."

"Eh, what's there to say? I always win the fights I come across, striking fear into those villains to never mess with me unless they want a cactus shoved down their throat."

'Where the heck did the cactus come from?' Izuku thought for a moment.

"I never slack off in any fight I get into." Bakugo proudly said before looking towards the building for a quick glance. Scowling he turned to Izuku, "So how is the bartending going for you? And the whole... part-time detective thing?"

"Rather great. With bartending, I get to meet a lot more people, so I can get more social skills with living beings that way. I also encounter a few ghosts there as well who get a bit sad since they can't really drink what I'm serving," Izuku replied. "The detective work is mostly me just using my quirk to help them out. Sure I sometimes help with the minor things, but I never really tackled something as huge as this is turning out to be. Most of the cases I have worked on have been fairly simple. I just hope that I can help as much as I can with this one in particular."

Bakugo listened before his eyes trailed into familiar ram horns, "It's time."

Izuku looked over to see the man enter the building quietly. They looked to each other, nodded, and silently headed over to the entrance that the man walked through. Bakugo paused him in his stride to point up at an open window on the second floor. With a single look at each other, Izuku felt a bit nervous on how Bakugo will accomplish his plan.

*

Izuku coughed into his fist silently before Bakugo shushed him. The plan worked, they got through the open window to avoid any suspicion from going in from the door that ram horns got in through.

"Follow me. I hear voices downstairs, that must be our suspects." Bakugo whispered. Izuku nodded, silently following after the blonde as he carefully walked down the concrete stairs.

Once they got to the bottom of the dirty concrete stairs, they were faced with a rundown looking hallway. The exterior of the abandoned building was fairly okay looking, but the inside looked like it was ransacked at Black Friday. The hallway's paint was chipped away to show off the almost moldy brown wood underneath. Half of the tiles on the floor were missing, leaving behind a stained wooden floor. From down the hall, they heard a boost of laughter.