Finding Something Lost

"Naomasa-San..." Izuku started while staring intensely at Bakugo.

"Come along you two, let's talk further in my office about the details of the case." Detective Tsukauchi said, turning around for the two follow him back into a more private setting in the police station.

Izuku gave one look over to his old friend before he followed Tsukauchi to his office with Bakugo right behind him. Izuku knew that if he looked behind him that Bakugo would be wearing his trademark scowl. He knew because of the familiar feeling on his back that he constantly tried to avoid back in middle school.

"What are you doing here, Deku?"

"I'm part of the case, the one who is dealing with the other side of things. I think Naomasa-san already told you about it when he introduced us, Ground Zero. Were you not paying attention?"

"Cut the crap."

"I'm not lying." Izuku responded sharply. "How about you listen to the case and do your damn job if you want to help us solve it."

Bakugo scoffed as he followed behind Deku right into the Detective's office. Bakugo pushed past Izuku into the office, leaving Izuku to roll his eyes before he closed the door after him to give them some privacy to talk about the case.

"So What is the case so far? What have you gathered?"

"There has been a cursed document left behind by a serial killer named K. It seems that his followers resurfaced and are now kidnapping random people with almost no family connections to read the document."

"Why would they kidnap people just to read the stupid paper?"

"It causes them to lose control basically. They were forced to read the letter written by K himself as his last document before he committed suicide. Once they read the last page, something took over them like the hands of a deadly curse that caused them to end up dead by the time they were done reading."

"What the fuck do you mean that they reported to you afterwards? Wouldn't they be dead?"

Izuku sighed, pushing his fingers into his temple as he rubbed between his eyebrows. "I already told you I wasn't quirkless. I can talk to the spirits who left this living world, I can talk to ghosts."

"Hah?" Bakugo remarked back to him in mild disbelief and shock

Tsukauchi nodded, "It's true. I actually took him under my wing around the time before he started high school for him to help us on cases that we were often stuck on. His help is greatly needed with many cases we end up running into. His quirk grants him the power to talk beyond the grave which gives us an advantage in many investigations. We solved cold cases that we had put away for years all thanks to his help."

"So what we are dealing with is the followers of a dead serial killer and this cursed chain letter or something." Bakugo summarized.

Izuku nodded, "What is strange about all of this is that the document actually says something about K coming back in an 'ultimate form'."

"Who the heck is this guy? He is just a serial killer from what I read up on him. Is it his quirk that is affecting the letter." Bakugo asked, looking at the mugshot of K inside the folder.

The mugshot showed K smiling gently at the camera with a sinister look behind his eyes. His shockingly bright blonde hair was brushed away from his face in a slicked back look. His muted red eyes took a more bored look despite the bloodlust hiding beneath them.

"We came to the conclusion that his words might have worked while he was still alive. But since he is dead, we are trying to figure out how his words are still affecting people even though he isn't alive anymore."