Chapter Twelve

"Hi", I mumbled drowsily, not bothering to check who was calling.

"Did I wake you?" A familiar voice asked and suddenly I was perfectly awake.

"No, I mean, yes, but it's okay." I was about to say how sorry I was, how I didn't mean any of it, how we needed to talk, but Joakim beat me to it.

"Want to come to a friend's party tonight?" He asked.

"What?" I breathed, not even realizing I had been holding my breath.

"Come to my friend's party tonight. There won't be that many people and Fareed and Viljo are coming too", Joakim continued.

"You're not angry at me?"

"I'm not, it's not that big of a deal. So are you coming or not?" Joakim asked, his voice almost nonchalant.

"Yeah, okay, whatever."

"Great! I'll come pick you up at eight", Joakim got excited. "Oh and hey, it's a theme party, but don't worry, I'll take care of your costume."

I was going to a theme party I knew nothing about. I was going there with Joakim and the others. Joakim wasn't angry at me anymore, and I didn't know what to think about it.

After a moment of processing I started feeling more and more relieved. He wasn't angry at me anymore. I'm sure I had a silly grin on my lips, but I just couldn't stop smiling. He wasn't angry at me anymore.

It was an easygoing morning: coffee, breakfast and reading. I had borrowed some books from the library and I had just started Stephen King's It, so I got absorbed in it.

Then I took a shower, which was another operation because of the cast, dressed up in a navy blue jersey and black jeans, had some noodles and continued reading. I didn't stop until I heard a knock from the door. Joakim looked handsome as always in his green pullover and trousers.

"Peter Pan?" I asked, starting to put the pieces together. They had talked about a Neverland themed party where Viljo was going. Apparently we were invited too.

"Just wait until you see what we have for you", Joakim smirked and looked at me so intensively my heart started pounding like crazy. I felt like his eyes could see everything, every hidden part of my body and every secret I had ever had. The only thing I could do was to stare back.

"Fuck, I missed you so much" Joakim exclaimed and pulled me into a kiss.

"Missed you too", I whispered after the kiss, when we were embracing each other tightly. I was still really, really confused, though.

"Let's go see your costume", he said and guided me to their flat holding my hand. After closing the door, Joakim seemed to notice something and he frowned. "What happened to your hand?"

"Exactly, what happened?" Fareed popped up from the kitchen. Viljo followed right after.

"Um, I broke my middle finger", I mumbled, sheepishly. To my surprise, or actually not that much of a surprise, Fareed bursted out laughing.

"How? Were you flicking off too aggressively?" Fareed guffawed. Joakim gave him a hard glance and he immediately quit laughing.

"No, I dropped a book on it", I sighed.

"You did what? How's that even possible?" Joakim asked. He looked concerned and amused at the same time.

"Well, it was a heavy book." For some reason everyone thought I was joking and started laughing. Oh well, maybe it was good to see the humorous side of the accident. When the laughter finally died down, Joakim went to get my costume.