𝖝𝖎𝖛. the chaos of an ending year

THE  CHAOS  OF  AN  ENDING  YEAR

THE CHAOS OF AN ENDING YEAR

LOVING YOU WAS THE MOST EXQUISITE FORM OF SELF-DESTRUCTION

-REGULUS BLACK USED TO
be a crumbling mess of angst and disappointment, a boy who's head couldn't decide between the path he'd been raised for, and the morally right one his brother had left for, unable to separate his parents manipulation from the raw truth. He didnt want to bring shame to the Black name because in the eyes of his parents ( after Sirius had left ) he was their last hope, the only one who stood a chance at continuing their prejudicial views towards the next generation.

Venomous words of pure hatred slowly transformed into action, violence, abuse, and it only spiralled further after that, suddenly Regulus wasn't just a boy who was expected to marry a pure-blooded princess and accumulate a powerful ministry job, he had to fight, he had to kill...for the wrong side. Years of guileful grooming would set alight a future based purely on massacring strangers, students, families, children who were viewed lesser than he, a day would come where he'd be expected to point his wand at an innocent persons throat, to dig it deep within the soft layer of flesh, to mutter out a chant of two words. He'd be expected to stand infront of a cowering victim, face purely still with no remorse, and torture them into deep, irreversible insanity.

He could hear the screams, even after he'd decided to leave, he could hear them everynight before his dreams kicked in, the state where he was neither awake or asleep just yet, and they were so loud, so excruciating. Regulus never thought he'd witness them, he had planned to kill himself once the dark mark stained his arm, but on a night he could never forget, oh no this memory would cling onto him until time recoiled, from his room, he heard his brothers sobs.

Walburga had snapped, a vicious, cruel streak of red taking over her eyes, unchaining the demon inside of her chest, that cold cold day would haunt Regulus into looming despair. He didnt do anything, when his mother fired the first spell he planned on stopping it, getting half-way across his room before the sob leaving Sirius' mouth ( his brother, his once-bestfriend, the boy who would still do anything for him, even though they weren't on good terms ) shunned him into a position of frozenness. Coward, he'd carve into his wall, coward coward coward.