𝖛𝖎. all we have is gone

ALL  WE  HAVE  IS  GONE

ALL WE HAVE IS GONE

ALL  WE  HAVE  IS  GONE

THE MISERY OF PAIN

- the 2nd to last chapter ! not the last <3

-THE WHOLE CASTLE HAD
been searched from top to bottom, leaving no corner for Sirius to hide. Gryffindors stayed huddled together, waiting to hear about the Black and if he remained at Hogwarts. Though by dawn, with McGonagall's enervated state, it seemed he'd escaped... again.

Therefore, in response to this break-in, security became austere and no lenience was given. The whole after-math made Marella want to groan, for she had no swift escape to smoke cigarettes or roam the halls, trying not to think of the past whilst trying to diminish the pain of it. Typically ironic.

The Bardot sat in silence, her eyes fixated on a flickering candle, her mind desperate to trail off. The darkness longed to swallow her, and she wasn't in the mood to drown tonight. God how her brain wanted to sink, to sink and sink and never return. Albeit, she fought. She fought with the little energy left. All Marella had done, her whole life, was fight. When would it end? When would... everything end?

Some days, death didn't feel like a punishment, but more so, a tempting treat.

"Marella!" A voice broke her from a haze ( consciousness not present in reality, but neither down the spiral of anguish and trauma - just.... lingering between states ). "Marella." it called again, louder now, and soon, a person matched its desperate tone, cluttering into her room with a rushed spell.

The woman turned, eyebrows raised with confusion. "What?" she asked before her eyes met the person, Remus Lupin. His presence caught her off guard, sure she'd gotten familiar with his face around Hogwarts ( and had even spent lunches with him ), but to see him with shock, forcing into her space in an abrupt manner was disconcerting.

"We need to talk, this second." his raised inflection paired with his rushed locution made this conversation take a darker approach... before it'd even begun. He made himself home, taking a seat opposite her. "I think - okay this is gonna sound crazy, but bare with me - that Sirius Black is innocent."