𝖛𝖎𝖎. death after life

DEATH AFTER LIFE

DEATH AFTER LIFE

AND WE MEET AGAIN, MY LOVE

-LIFE IS HAPPY, PEACEFUL, CONTEMPT FOR A SHORT WHILE.
And then one day, Marella's time has ran out. It isn't cold, it isn't abrupt or painful, it just happens. The cycle of existence continues to spin, and fate declares her gone. She may of cheated it before, but now there's no gambit, no desperation, in a peculiar way... Marella almost wants this. She's barely had time to begin her new life, but that's okay, she's made peace with the concept of demise. Having it dangled over her head from the moment she was born, a constant, plaguing threat that consumed her chest, meant that over time, she's came to be friends with it, with its meaning and consequences. Her body is aching as the darkness rolls over her, and when she does go, she smiles, because now all the anguish will be gone too. Forty-one isn't the age most wither at, but it's the age Marella does.

Dove Arden goes on to live a long, fulfilling life, and whilst Marella sometimes slips from her memory, the name by this moment is so well-known, it doesn't matter. The werewolf had been working on a book throughout her years of absence, and with only a few minor details needing to be altered, it had hit wizarding stores earlier this year. Marella Bardot and the marauders would live on, no matter what.

The two women never became anything more than friends because whilst their love could extend to that level, neither were mentally ready for romance, preferring to stay platonic. They'd both had their great loves of that lifetime, and so they lived in contempt with one another, close but never intimate.

So how does Marella Bardot, the girl who cheated death and ran with animals, die? Well she's ambushed one day by the last remaining death-eaters who still crave to support their fading cause, and all it takes is one spell to hit her jagged chest, and she's down. Of course so is her opponent, because the woman refuses to leave behind unfinished business. She supposes this was how she was always going to go out...fighting.

So she meets demise after taking down fourteen men by herself.

And she's okay with what's next. She spends her final moments thinking of her family, and how she will get to see them so very soon.

When its over and she's a mere corpse, her soul untangles itself and there she is. Ber true form. Beautiful, unscarred and healthy. It doesn't hurt to move, it doesn't hurt to breathe, and the BLOOD TRAITOR from her waist is well and truly erased.

She's a ghost now, that she can tell, albeit its only for a moment because then she's gone. She chooses to move on from earth. Because it's the end, and her time is up. No more lingering, no more staying for other people, this is the first decision she makes for herself, and she does it entirely sure. This is what she desires, what she longs for next.

Marella Bardot is dead. Atlas.

"You caused quite the scene out there." a voice says from behind, and as she turns, she sees him. Sirius Black. He holds out a hand, "I knew you still had it in you."

Marella takes it, smiling, "Of course I did."

"I'm so glad you're here," they began to walk as his mouth pours words into the atmosphere, "Prongs won't shutup about you and your fancy book."

And then they're all there, all the lives lost to the war.

Marella lets go of Sirius' hand, only for an instant, and that's okay because they have eternity and runs towards Bridget. Fuck how she missed that girl, and they hug and cry and let out breaths of relief - now its all over, and war can't hurt them.

In a tangled web of death and magic do friends turned family laugh, experiencing the carelessness they lacked as children. Its not a bitter ending, it's a good one - its the best one that could've happened for Marella Bardot, and she regrets nothing.

- MARELLA IS NO LONGER drowning in bitter darkness, because the faces of the past are beside her, and the spiral of time has been shattered.

Oh, Luna dearest! You fought until your very end and now you get to rest.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

( authors note - the last one 😩 )

And that's it my loves, the end !!

I just want to say a MASSIVE thankyou to everyone who read this !! Ily and it's been incredible to watch this story grow and alter as I too grew and altered. It began as something to do in lockdown and now it's something more than that.

I hope you all enjoyed <3