Chapter 10: Chasing After Eggman, Part 2

Sparkling, 8:31PM

Takeru: Eggman, for the love of all that's... Huh...? <Spring Yard's> looking more different than usual...

(A/N: Spring Yard Zone was meant to be called "Sparkling Zone" at one point, but got changed to Spring Yard. And if you've played the prototype of Sonic 1, chances are, that's not all that was changed. Therefore, I decided to think of Sparkling Zone as a more colorful version of Spring Yard Zone, although I haven't bothered to put up an ACTUAL visual on how that would look yet.)

Takeru: Sorta reminds me of Casino Night... But now's not the time for sightseeing. I'd best find him, and fast. 

Takeru would run at high speeds, moving across each zone on South Island.

Clock Work, 8:33PM

Takeru came to a skid as he heard the clock reverberating across the place. He was curious, but still retained his seriousness.

Takeru: What the...? This is just <Scrap Brain> with clocks, isn't it? Or is there an entirely new way for me to go, like with that other zone? Hm....

Takeru just shrugs and runs across the Clock Work zone, punching Badniks and blowing them away with his speed. Yumiko would run right behind Takeru, but was unable to keep up with his speed.

Yumiko: *puff puff puff* How does he run that fast...!?

Takeru: There's more this way!

Yumiko: Here goes! White Gale!

Yumiko would turn into a tornado and spin at a high speed, blowing away anyone and everyone in her way. Takeru would - just in the nick of time - get out of the way and move to another zone whilst the tornado carnage happened.

Wood Zone, 8:36PM

Takeru: Huh...? I haven't come here before... But the extreme amount of trees here kind of reminds me of <Knothole>. I'd best watch myself. There might be a couple of camouflaged creatures here.

Takeru walked through the unfamiliar Wood Zone. One of the camouflaged badniks shot a blast at Takeru from out of nowhere, but he simply dodges it and walks faster.

Takeru: Thought so.

Takeru goes from speedwalking, to running at nearly his full speed. He'd eventually come to a skid.

Oil Ocean, 8:40PM

Takeru: Eggman.

Eggman: AAARGH, YOU ABSOLUTE PIECE OF DOG CRAP! I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU CHASING ME A R O U N D EVERYWHERE I GO!! WHAT HAVE I EVEN DONE TO YOU, YOU DISGRACEFUL--!?! GOD DANG IT ALL, YOU PERSISTENT LITTLE HEDGEHOG!!

While Eggman continued his ramble, Takeru just burst out in laughter. It took at LEAST five minutes for him to stop.

Eggman: Well, you want to treat me like that, you hedgehog?! FINE THEN. I'll kill you!

Takeru: Guess we got a little situation to deal with. Alright, Baldy McRednose. You want me? You got me!

Takeru would wrap around Eggman's giant robot and find the switch for it, pressing it and making the robot electrocute.

Eggman: DAMMIT.

Takeru: Hey, you put this on yourself, Egghead!

The robot would swing its fist at Takeru, at quite a fast speed, smacking him into a wall.

Eggman: -absolutely insane- HAHAHAHAHA!! I'm not done with you yet, you darn hedgehog!!

The robot would pull Takeru out of the wall and continue to beat him up. Takeru eventually got 6 bruises, a broken arm and 8 cuts everywhere. He was sent into a wall again.

Takeru: AARGH!!

Eggman: -absolutely insane- WHAT'S WRONG? Can't get up?! NEED A LIFE SAVER?? HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Takeru: Holy... Summit....

Takeru would get up, holding his arm in pain.

Takeru: You're really something... You just won't let up.

Eggman: -absolutely insane- COMPLIMENT ME IN HEAVEN, PRICK!

Takeru: Normally I'd have beaten you by now... but it seems that wasn't the case.

Takeru just grins.

Takeru: I guess I've got more to learn.

Eggman: -absolutely insane- WHAT IS THERE TO LEARN WHEN YOU'RE DEAD TO ME?

The robot would try to punch Takeru, but he gets out of the way and quickly limps to the door, but is slammed into the metallic flooring.

Eggman: -absolutely insane- HAHAAHAHA! I'LL KILL YOU AGAIN, AND AGAIN, UNTIL THERE'S NO CHANCE YOU'LL EVER RETURN TO MOBIUS EVER AGAIN! YOU DESERVE IT. YOU'RE SICKENING ME, WITH YOUR ORANGE-GREEN PALETTE, AND YOUR SOAP SHOES!

Takeru gets up again.

Takeru: Eggman, calm down. You're mad at me for no reason.

Eggman: -insane- OH, I HAVE A REASON, ALRIGHT. AND IT'S BECAUSE I HATE YOU! YOU TOOK AWAY TWO OF MY MOST POWERFUL CREATIONS! YOU DESTROYED EVERY SINGLE MACHINE I MADE. YOU'VE INSULTED ME BEYOND BELIEF. MY PRIDE IS THE ONLY THING I'VE GOT LEFT TO WIELD, AND I WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME, YOU E Y E S O R E OF A HEDGEHOG!!

Takeru: I have to think of something... and fast...!