[27] Jump In The Line With (Y/n)

The last week of snow was- how could you put it? Hectic? Chaotic? Restless.

But that was putting it in simple terms. Everyone was pulling you left and right trying to get your help, or they just wanted to hang out with you. It was exhausting; that was putting it nicely. You really needed a break from everyone and maybe some time to yourself, so you could have some 'me time.'

You were busy laying in bed and staring at your ceiling, contemplating on what you should do. You were tempted to call Doppio and ask him if you could take a break from your team for a day since he was the one who assigned you to Bucciarati's bodyguard team in the first place. 

It was very tempting.

You heard a knock at your door, which caused you to hum slightly before slowly prying your eyes from the ceiling to the door. "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" You groaned slightly as the door opened with a giddy Narancia. 

"(Y/n)~ can you help me with this problem? I don't want to get another one wrong because Fugo has already bent a fork in half with his hand." He looked at the floor with a notebook in his hand and traced a circle with his foot. He looked like a small child that was scared of asking their mother for permission for something, so they ran to their father instead.

You know what? That tempting feeling was a lot stronger now. It wouldn't hurt to call Doppio and get away from everyone for the day.

"Go ask Abbacchio. He's smarter than me." You crossed with fingers and hopped that would buy you enough time to sneak a phone call in and leave. 

His face lit up with realization and beamed at you with joy. "You're right! Why didn't I ever think of that?! You're a genius (Y/n)! Thanks-" He cut himself off by slamming your door and running down the hall to go bother the goth that was most likely upstairs listening to music.

You flipped your phone out and scrolled through your contacts before finding Doppio's name. You quickly called him and picked at your nails as the phone rang; your phone wedged between your head and shoulder as you flicked some nail polish off. On about the third ring you heard the phone click with Doppio's cheerful voice on the other side.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Doppio. I was wondering if I could take a break today and get away from my team? It's been an exhausting couple of days and I need a break from everyone." You finished the last part quickly and sucked in a breath as you waited for his reply.

You could hear him hum on the other side before speaking, "You said you need a break from your team?" You gave him an approving hum as you heard him shuffle in the background, moving what seems to be paper.

"Well, this works out perfectly. I have nothing to do and-" You heard someone slam a door open on the other side of the phone along with some yelling.

"Tell Cioccolata to keep that damn mutt, he calls Secco away from and my darl- oh, you're on the phone. Is this a bad time- or are you talking to that one girl you're always talking about~?" You heard Doppio shuffle on the other side before the audio became muffled, most likely from Doppio covering the phone's mic.

You could hear more inaudible conversation before a shout and someone speaking into the phone. "Hello~? Is this (Y/n) that's on the phone?" You snickered slightly at Doppio's panicked voice in the background as the mystery person chuckled on the other side.

"No, this is Patrick." You heard the guy on the other side snort before you heard the phone rattle a bit before you heard Doppio's frantic shouting. "I'll be there in fifty minutes! Wear casual-" The line went dead before he could even finish his sentence.