[30] Love Shack

Being cocooned in blankets and pillows with your window cracked open to let a cool breeze in was one of the closest things to heaven there were. The aftertaste of chocolate on your tongue and a soft breeze coming into your room was just serene. Your favorite song playing quietly in the background as you stared at your pitch-black ceiling with a content look.

"I wish this will never end..."

Sadly, your phone started buzzing on your nightstand, interrupting the tranquil peace you were experiencing. 

You shuffled your hand out of the layers of blankets and grabbed the small device before flipping it open and looking at the caller ID. You accepted the call and rested the phone on your shoulder as you harshly spoke into the phone with a tired tone. "What the fuck Four Eyes... It's like 9 o'clock at night."

You heard her scoff on the other side along with some shuffling. "Stop being a big baby; we both know you weren't asleep." You huffed in amusement and hummed in response. "Shut up. Why are you calling me? Isn't it really early in the morning over there?"

"It's only five-thirty... But that's not the point- I just wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day! I know I'm 8 hours ahead of you, but~ I want you to call me and tell me all about your day later!"

You let out a gasp and sat up in bed before looking at the date on your phone. "FUCK!"

On cue, your door opened with a red light flooding the room with rose petals flying the room. "Happy Valentine's Day!" You saw Mista and Narancia emerge with a bunch of flowers in their hands.

You let out a scream and jolted awake.

Narancia let out a shout in surprise and fell backward on his ass as Mista laughed. "Jesus- Fuck! Why the fuck are you guys in here?!" You yelled at the two as Mista continued to laugh at Narancia for a moment before answering your question.

"We're waking you up. We always do this, you dummy." Mista pulled on your cheek as you huffed. You slapped his hand away before shaking the cobwebs of sleep out of your mind as the fragments of your nightmare remained.

"Thanks for waking me up..." You grumbled before peeling your covers back and hopping out of bed.

Narancia hopped up and elbowed Mista before whispering something in his ear as you combed your hair and tried to smooth down any frizzy parts of your hair. "Oh! Right..." Mista cleared his throat as you raised an eyebrow and looked at him in the reflection of your mirror.

"We have a surprise for you in the living room! Come out to eat when you're done getting ready- or not- just don't keep us waiting for more than an hour." He stumbled with his words before Narancia pushed him out of the room and closed your door.

"Why do I feel like my dream was a premonition..."

You quickly finished refreshing yourself and threw some lazy clothes on before walking out of your room.

The hallway oddly smelled of floral with a hint of cologne- or was that perfume? You couldn't really tell because it smelled oddly of spice and cocoa. 

You poked your head into the living room and saw everyone sitting around the table, quietly chatting. You strained your ears to pick up any hints on what they could be talking about as you eyed the food on the table.

There was a very large plate of bacon, some waffles, biscuits, some fruit, and- wait a minute... "Is that chocolate-covered strawberries?"

You saw Trish's head perk up at the sound of your voice as everyone turned their heads and looked at you.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" Everyone yelled as you paled slightly. "FUCK! So my gut was right..." You mumbled the last part as a few of your teammates gave you a weird look.