[36] Where Is My Mind?

It's been a good week since your last outburst. You rarely left your room, and when you did, there was an uncomfortable amount of staring.

 You still kept your distance from everyone and just ignored them. Sometimes you would catch Pesci or Risotto leaving food outside your room when you didn't come out for dinner. But, when you did come out for dinner Illuso, Formaggio, and Melone would try to start a conversation with you. Ghiaccio refrained from screaming around you and Prosciutto would immediately douse his cigarette.

They would carefully eye you and pick up small details that developed on you- like your tired eyes, slow movements, drool cracked in the corners of your mouth, and wild hair. You looked like a walking corpse that has been rotting for months in a damp, cold place.

You've been staying up for nights on end, trying to remember everything you could about Kristen and where she could potentially be hiding. You knew it was some neon-colored bar when you would first visit her when you were younger. But you highly doubt there was any way to move a building around; if she was even able to move the bar.

You blankly stared up at the ceiling while JB continuously walked around in circles at the foot of your bed, occasionally clumsily hitting your foot with his paw as he tried to scrape up some covers to make himself comfortable.

"Neonlights..." You scratched your head and racked around inside your brain for the answers you were looking for. Her bar would surely still be back in America, but where would she be hiding now?

She always loved the '80s vibe, much like you, and it is probably what aided in the rotten fruits of your friendship.

Now it's just dust in the wind...

You hold many regrets from not seeing the warning signs of the toxic friendship you two shared.

During your lowest moment, she appeared and helped you flourish into something more. She was the sunlight, the water, the nutrients you needed to get back onto your feet... 

It's hard to see the red flags when all you want to do is see the good in people...

But the real question is- what is she after now?

"Crates..." You remember her sending out members of her gang to attack you, but they were also after something else. You didn't know what could be so important that she would sacrifice so many elite members of her gang to look for something and silence you.

The warehouse...

They were searching for something in the warehouse, right? What if they go after the other warehouses? It would make sense since Kristen saw you as a threat that needed to be wiped out if she was to obtain said item.

But what could be so important that she wanted your head served on a silver platter?

Could it be something as strong as a stand arrow? After all, every single one of her recruits possesses a stand. A quite powerful stand at that.

They were probably handpicked too...

You grimaced at the memories of having to lay in bed recovering after each encounter, each one being more deadly than the last.

No good would come of whatever it was she was searching for.

Now all you had to do if find it before her and beat her at her own game.

Which is easier said than done...

You heard a quiet knock on the door, snapping you quickly out of your thoughts as Illuso poked his head in.

"Hey, (Y/n)..." He sounded tense as he slowly opened the door to reveal a plate of food in his hands. JB sat up at the smell of food and hopped off the bed, searching for any scraps that may have fallen off of the plate in Illuso's travel down the hall.