A Chicago Love Story (Part 30)

I woke up the next day at 12pm cus I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up and said "What?" Von: "Wake yo ass up." Me: "Whatchu want?" Von: "Damn nigga what's wrong witchu?" Me: "Nothing... wassup." Von: "I just wanted to see wyd." Me: "I was sleep." Von: "Well you up na. You finna talk to me." Me: "Ight 🤣" Von: "Was everything good last night? I heard yo mama talkin inna back." Me: "She bein her usual self. She was tryna argue bout something but I didn't listen." Von: "Whatchu do?" Me: "I left wit Mani and Nique. Apparently I didn't ask and she was mad and then I hung up on her." Von started laughing then he said "Nigga you hung up? She ain't whoop yo ass?" Me: "No... I'm surprised." Von: "What yo daddy say?" Me: "I ain't talked to em yet. Ion plan on comin out this room today." Von: "You betta getcho ass up." Me: "Fuck you 😂" Von: "I'm finna beat yo ass." Me: "I'm not worried bout you." Von: "You gon be." Mani walked in my room and said "Yo mom wantchu downstairs." Me: "Tell her I'm sleep." Mani: "She told me to come wake you up." Me: "Well then tell her ion wanna go down there." Mani: "I'm not bout to be the messenger." Me: "Okay? Go on then." She shut my door and walked out then I looked back at my phone and Von was outside laughing. He was muted so I didn't hear anything that was going on. I laid back down and kept watching everything he was doing. It made me happy seeing him laugh and smile, even if it was a dumb reason. I missed him a lot so I was hoping Momma's lil "threat" about taking us back to Chicago early was true. Von unmuted himself then said "Ole weird ass, staring at niggas and shit." Me: "Mhm." He started singing some old song and somebody else was in the back singing with him but they didn't sound good. Me: "Just stop 😭" Von: "Man I could be da next Chris Brown, in foenemm 🤣" Me: "No 😂" Momma came in my room and said "Please come downstairs." Me: "Why?" Mom: "Laiya I'm not arguing today. Please come downstairs." Me: "Okay 😐" She closed my door and I rolled my eyes then got up. Me: "Von mute yo self for a second." Von: "Why?" Me: "Cus I gotta go downstairs." Von: "Nahh." Me: "I will hang up and block you 🤣" Von: "You won't." I hung up and muted his messages. I started laughing cus I wanted to see what he would do. I walked downstairs and sat at the kitchen table then got on my phone. Daddy came down the steps after me and I said "Where's Gramma?" Daddy: "They had an event at the church that she went to." I looked back down and he said "I need to talk to you" Me: "About?" Daddy: "What's goin on between you and Ro?" Me: "Ion know. She been yellin at me for the bare minimum lately so imma jus stay in my room away from her. She told me to come down here and ion know where she at." Daddy: "Whatchu mean she been yelling?" Me: "Yesterday she got mad cus I left wit Mani and Nique. Gramma and Auntie knew I left so ion know why it was a problem." Daddy: "She said you hung up on her." Me: "I sholl did cus I didn't wanna argue. She can threaten to take us back to Chicago all she want to, I'm not gon care." Daddy: "Lai you can't always be this nonchalant person. You can't just say youn care bout nun." Me: "I never said I didn't care about anything. I'm sayin ion care bout the stuff she tryna pull." Momma came around the corner and said "And what's that?" Me: "Tryna start stuff with me and "threatening" to send me back to Chicago." Mom: "It wasn't a threat, issa promise." Me: "Again, I do not care." Mom: "Why are you always like this?" Me: "Like what?" Mom: "Just sayin youn care and you not worried bout anything." Me: "Again, there's certain things I care about but all of this, the arguements and other irrelevant stuff, I don't care about at all." Daddy: "They aren't arguements. They turn into them because youn wanna listen to nobody." Me: "What? I do be listening most of the time. I'm gettin to dat age where I wanna be independent and y'all don't like it." Mom: "We happy that you tryna be independent baby. We just don't like how you're acting because of it." Me: "Okay... Can I go back upstairs now?" Daddy shook his head then he said "See you tryna run off again." Me: "I'm tryna keep something from getting started is what I'm tryna do. We in Gramma's house rn and I'm not bout to argue in it. It's always sum wit y'all mane damn." Mom: "Laiya I promise you-" Me: "Okay." She crossed her arms and stared at me then I got up to walk upstairs. Mom: "Laiya." Me: "Yes?" Dad: "We not done." Me: "I am." Mom: "Fine Lai." I walked upstairs and locked the door to my room then I got on my phone. I checked Von's messages and he was goin OFF. He left a cuppa voicemails but he was just cussing in a majority of em. What I seen the most was "Imma whoop yo ass." and "Pick up the fuckin phone" I called him and he picked up after the first ring. Von: "Fuck you." Me: "Hi 🤣" Von: "Nah fuck allat you do da most." Me: "Boy bye I told you I was gon hang up." Von: "Yeen even gimme time." Me: "Shut up it ain't even that serious." Von: "Nah cus if I was to hang up and not answer yo messages, it would be a problem right?" I rolled my eyes and he said "Yeahh nigga 😂" Me: "Hush." Von: "When y'all gon be back up here ma?" Me: "Ion know." Von: "Man ask ya mama." Me: "Not right now 🤣" Von: "Lemme talk to em." Me: "No." Von: "I got her number." Me: "If you call em, imma kick yo ass." Von: "Yeen gon do shit." Me: "Ight bet gon head and call em." Von: "Imma see."