A Chicago Love Story (Part 47)

Lai's POV

I woke up the next day and it was late. Dayvon wasn't in his swing when I sat up so I went in the living room to see where he was at. Q was sitting on the couch feeding him a bottle then he said "Oh hey girl. I ain't wanna wake you up cus he was crying. How many scoops do you put in his bottle?" Me: "I put bout 3 since he's getting a lil bigger." Q: "Well sheit. I put 5." Me: "Oh it's fine, he prolly won't drink the whole thing." Q: "How you holdin up?" Me: "My mind still fucked. Von came over last night to talk.." Q: "Whattt? When?" Me: "You was sleep. Maurice was da only one that was up other than me." Q: "Ughhh fuck both of y'all. You shoulda woke me up." Me: "Nah..." Q: "So what he say?" I told him everything that Von told me then he said "Hm... see it sound like some bs but at the same time, this is Von. He don't play bout you so ion know. Either way it ain't my place to tell you what to do." Me: "Ion know what I wanna do... I feel like tryna get rid of him is pointless." Q: "And he a crazy ass nigga." Me: "But it also feels like our whole relationship was a waste of time if I was to just throw it away..." My phone started ringing and Q said "Who dat?" Me: "Ion know..." Q: "Speaker phone bitch." I put it on speaker and said "Hello?" A girl answered and said "Uh... hey is this Laiya?" Me: "Yeah who's this?" She stayed quiet for a few seconds then she said "Um Rayna... I'm the one that was on Von last night." I muted myself and Q said "Cuss dat bitch tf out. Tell ha get ha stanky pussy ass tf off yo line and stay tf away from yo nigga!" Me: "Shh." Rayna: "Hello?" Me: "Uh yeah I'm here. Whatchu call for?" Rayna: "Look I'm sorry about any typa problem I caused between you and him... I was drunk out my fuckin mind and I was just on him cus he was there for me. He was telling me to move and he even tried to push me but I started kissing his neck and then you walked in. That's the only thing that happened." Me: "How did you get my number?" Rayna: "I asked a few people.. Me and Von have known each other since childhood and he's changed a lot since he found you, in a good way tho. I feel terrible about it all and Von won't talk to me anymore when I try apologizing." Me: "Mm." Rayna: "I really really don't wanna see y'all break up cus he got a lot of love for you... I don't want him in that way or nothing I was just intoxicated." Me: "Well ion know what I'm posed to do." Rayna: "Whatchu mean?" Me: "If you was in my position, walking in on yo boyfriend with a girl dat looks 10 times better than you, what would you do?" Rayna: "I was in that position... I feel bad that I brought the same pain I felt onto someone else. You a real pretty girl tho Laiya. Nobody in our neighborhood has ever seen Von act the way he do now. Please don't give up on him. I take the blame for everything in that situation, he ain't do nothing." Me: "Well... I preciate you calling.." Rayna: "You welcome. I'm sorry again.." I hung up and Q said "At least you know everything now." Me: "I'm just in my feelings still... Ion want them to just tell me everything and expect me to not be hurt by it. Imma lil skeptical of everything." Q: "That's okay... give yo self a lil bit of time to heal miss mama." My phone started ringing again and it was another unknown number. Me: "Da fuck... Hello?" Loc: "Aye wassup?" Me: "Loc? How you get my number?" Loc: "Von called you off my phone last night. Look, I know you prolly pissed off at him and some mo shit but listen, he love you a lot. Dat ain't usually him ma. Don't tell him I told you dis but... he was upset last night. Like tears." Me: "Crying?" Loc: "Yeah. He told me he felt bad dat he did you cus sum bout a promise and allat." I looked down then he said "He gon be comin to see you today tho so jus make sure youn bust dat lip again 😂. I think he onna way" I laughed then I said "Ight I preciate you." Loc: "You know I got y'all." He hung up and Q said "Who was dat?" Me: "Von's friend... He just called and told me sum about Von coming over soon." Q: "Uh for what?" Me: "I told him to come get Dayvon and dassit..." Q: "Hm... no. Y'all finna spend the day together." Me: "No we not. He can come get his son and-" Q: "LaLaLaLa!!! I can't hear youuuu cus you finna go wit himmm" Me: "No I'm not." Q: "Yes ma'am you are." Maurice came in the living room and said "Hey." Me: "Hey." Q: "Lai bout to go wit Von." Maurice: "Aw y'all made up?" Me: "No Q think I'm going and I'm not." Maurice: "Yes you are" Me: "Why? Ion wanna be around him rn..." Q: "Girl just go. Y'all gon be right back on each other in like 2 days anyways." Me: "I ain't even got no clothes to get ready..." Maurice: "Hm... She don't." Q: "Gurl I gotchu hollon." He handed me the baby then ran back in his room. Maurice: "What be wrong wit dat boy.." He came back out with a grey shirt that was cut into a crop top and a pair of sweatpants. Maurice: "I know you fuckin lyin." Q: "It's better than how she look now. Imma get you a towel and stuff then you can take a shower." He went to a closet outside the bathroom then he pulled out a towel and a rag. Me: "Can I get another towel?" Maurice: "For what?" Me: "My hair.." Q: "Oh my bad. I be forgettin." He handed me everything then I walked in the bathroom and took a shower.