27

Avdol's wounds had been sorted out relatively quickly, the outer layer of skin forming on the gashes as soon as the powder had made contact with them. But the application was precarious, a few unwanted layers of skin developing in various spaces.

"But you're still concussed," Joseph told Avdol, gently but firmly pushing the latter back into the bed as he attempted to get up. "And you need rest."

This put Avdol out of action, for the time being, leaving the crusaders not only smaller in size but significantly weaker.

"Good thing we've discovered Y/n's extra ability, ey?" Avdol said, looking pointedly at the girl. "Now we know we can count on you."

Y/n laughed awkwardly at his remark, feeling weirdly like a character in her favourite volleyball anime. But in her case, she did not feel reassured in the slightest that they were depending on her. "Yeah, Avdol. Sure."

"Now, Jotaro, Y/n. Come on, we've got to get going," Joseph announced, ushering the two out of the dimly lit room. Before he stepped out of the door, he turned to Avdol who was still sat on the bed, albeit unwillingly, "You must stay and rest. I will be in contact with you regularly."

The Egyptian man merely hummed and nodded in agreement, gesturing for them to take their leave and get back to the rest. Just as the door was about to close, his voice drifted through the gap. "And try not to let Polnareff get himself killed."

Y/n huffed out a small laugh as she poked her head back into the door, "Got'chya!"

The stretch back to find Kakyoin and Polnareff was quiet. Y/n, Jotaro and Joseph walked in a small huddle, Y/n leading the other two back to where Avdol had been shot. Rounding the corner, a shrill scream rang through their ears, a familiar voice following it.

"Hey! Don't run away!"

Jotaro placed a hand on Y/n's shoulder and pulled her back so that she was behind him. As soon as he stepped forward, a blonde man in a cowboy hat rounded the corner, barreling straight towards them. Before he saw where he was heading, the man's face made contact with Jotaro's fist, the impact sending him flying back into the middle of the crossroad.

"Jotaro!" Polnareff shouted, stopping just ahead of the blonde man as Kakyoin hurtled into view. To say Polnareff looked like misery would have been an understatement. Blood streamed down his face and onto his torso, whilst his black tube top was slashed through, several incisions in the material. Kakyoin seemed a little less worse for wear, only a few splatters of blood on his uniform.

As Y/n looked properly, the man sprawled on the ground was none other than the Stand user with the pistol – the one who had shot Avdol.

"You son of a gun," Y/n muttered, bringing out Chrome Cortana as she watched Polnareff stalk closer to the man.

"Say, Hol Horse. You've gone awfully quiet," Polnareff sneered, roughly grabbing hold of the man's face and forcing him to look up. "Don't let us sto-"

"Hol Horse, my Lord!"

Suddenly, a woman lunged at Polnareff and knocked him down, holding him down with her own frame. She was beautiful, her tan skin decorated with several pieces of jewellery and shimmering red fabrics adorned her body. 

"Run, Sir Hol Horse!" she cried, struggling against Polnareff's efforts to get her off of himself. "I love you, my Lord!"

"Don't let him get away!" Polnareff screeched, throwing the woman off.

Jotaro sighed, "Too late. He's gone."

Whipping around, they watched as Hol Horse sprinted into the distance towards a horse. Once he had mounted the animal, he briefly turned around and waved his hand, "I love you, baby! I'm only running away 'cause I love you, baby!"