9

After having explained the entire situation to Holly, as well as disclosing the reason why she had not told her about Charles: she did not feel like he was significant, believing he was merely a worry of the past, Y/n excused herself and went to the room that was now hers, grabbing the first aid kit from Holly as she left. She did not want to bother the kind woman with having to dress her wounds again.

She was now sat on the bed, staring off into space, having finished taking care of herself and cleaning up. Thankfully, her cuts were not terrible, and the gash on her thigh from earlier was also healing surprisingly fast. She had not even bothered to unpack her things and get settled in yet, her bag still sat untouched on the floor, apart from her teddy and a pair of pyjamas being removed to change into, a simple pair of black shorts and a matching black crop top.

Jotaro still had not returned, and Y/n felt a tremendous amount of guilt for having put him in that situation. He was probably still bleeding badly, even though it did look like the delinquent had had his fair share of fights.

Y/n was pulled out of her thoughts as she heard the front door open, the sound echoing through the quiet house. Glancing at her clock, she saw that it had just turned midnight. Suddenly an idea flashed like a lightbulb in her mind, and she acted on it without a second thought.

Grabbing the medical box, Y/n walked out of her room, forgetting to put on some more appropriate attire and padded through the corridors, making her way to the front entrance until she was face to chest with Jotaro. Scanning him up and down quickly, she saw that the shards of glass were still lodged in his body and hat, the boy not having bothered to take them out. Small droplets of dried blood were stuck to where the fragments had pierced his skin.

Looking up at his face, she saw that his signature glare wasn't gracing his features, instead being replaced with a tired stare, a questioning look in his eyes as his gaze quickly swept over her figure and clothing.

Holding up the item in her hands, Y/n spoke hesitantly, "I can help with that," she said.

"I don't want help," he replied shortly, his gaze hardening.

"Please, can I?" she pleaded, wanting to help him in some way, if only to ease some of her own guilt.

"I said, no," Jotaro repeated, visibly growing irritated at the encounter as he pulled the brim of his hat down.

"Please? Consider it as me repaying the favour."

"Fucking fine, good grief woman, you're annoying," he half growled, half groaned. Y/n perked up at his words and smiled up at him, exhaling in relief. Jotaro strode past her and went in the direction of his bedroom and Y/n assumed that she was expected to follow, so trailed a few steps behind him.

Walking into his room, he switched on the lights and looked for something in his drawers, as Y/n observed his actions from the doorway. Huh, it don't even look like the glass is hurting him. Once he had stopped rummaging through his things, he sat on his bed and gestured for Y/n to come in. She walked up to him, placed the first aid kit down and flipped open the box, looking through it until she found a pair of medical tweezers.

Y/n turned and crouched down in front of him, inspecting the damage and trying to ignore the fact that she was kneeling in front of a gorgeous human being, her cheeks dusting slightly red in the process. The pieces varied in size, some extravagantly large, and the others fairly small. Fortunately, none had been lodged in his legs, all of them located on his torso, arms and head.

Carefully leaning forward until her face and hands were just inches from his body, she gripped the tweezers and slowly tugged out the larger ones first, with Jotaro not even flinching at the feeling. She then moved to the smaller ones, working her way up until she was eye to eye with the seated giant and placed a hand on his shoulder to steady herself, blushing even harder. Jotaro turned his head away from her slightly as she removed the fragments from his hat.