20

After escaping the hotel before the staff caught wind of the mess and the entire bloody body in the lounge, the six made their way to the port where the ship hired by Joseph had just docked. Getting on, Y/n beelined towards a deck chair, splayed out comfortably and draped her hoodie over her face to block the harsh rays of the morning sun.

A few moments later, she heard the two seats either side of her creak as two others sat down with her. Poking her head past her hoodie, she saw that the two were Kakyoin and Jotaro. The former was simply sitting and relaxing whilst the latter had pulled out a book, presumably from one of the many hidden pockets in his humongous jacket. Whilst the three sat in comfortable silence, the lack of sleep was finally catching up to Y/n, and just when she was on the brink of sleep, she was awoken by Joseph's booming voice.

"Why won't you take those damn uniforms off, it's so hot!"

Kakyoin chuckled, "Well, we are students, and so should behave and dress like students."

"You're all such stiffs," Joseph grumbled. Y/n pulled her hoodie off her face and stuck her tongue out at the older man at his remark. "I don't mean you Y/n! You've been a normal person and worn normal people clothes." She smiled a satisfied smile at him before covering her face and relaxing some more.

Just as Polnareff began talking about how the two would not get any female attraction wearing those uniforms, shrill screams sounded from across the deck. Everyone turned to see a member of the crew holding onto a thrashing boy. He looked no older than ten or eleven from his size and frame, and the way he was writhing and kicking around indicated he was probably a caught stowaway.

The man confirmed it when asked by Joseph why there was another passenger on the ship.

"Let me go! Or I'll kick your balls in!" he shouted. The crewmate then threatened to hand him over to the naval police, and the boy immediately ceased his squirming and started to beg for mercy. Whilst he saw doing so, Y/n noticed a few stray tendrils of hair poke out from under his hat and then strained to see the child's face.

Turning around to the two teenagers beside her, she muttered, "I really don't wanna be rude, but I'm not sure that's a little boy."

"Do you think he's a big boy then?" Kakyoin asked in response, clearly having no clue what Y/n was alluding to.

Before she could clarify, there was a loud splash from behind, water droplets spraying on all three. Y/n quickly sat up and rushed to the railing, seeing the boy swimming away from the boat as fast as he could. Abruptly, multiple large shapes appeared in the water, rising higher and higher until fins protruded from the water surface.

"This water's known to be infested with sharks!" the crew member shouted.

Jotaro sighed loudly from behind them, "Well, he obviously jumped in because he was a confident swimmer."

"Come back, you brat!" Joseph called, waiting until the child had heard him and turned around, "There are sharks around you!"

His simultaneous confusion and fear were evident as he looked around at the multiple fins circling him, eyes focussing on one that was approaching him directly. The boy suddenly seemed to give up completely, deciding on just waiting for the large fish to finish him, but unexpectedly, it stopped.

With a surge of water, the shark was flung out of the ocean, Y/n looking around for what on earth had caused the wave until she saw a purple figure floating just behind the beast. Star Platinum continued to beat the shark until it was rendered unconscious, then hurling it away from the boy. Y/n did not even know when Jotaro had jumped into the water.

Swimming up to the child, Jotaro grabbed hold of his overalls and started to swim back to the boat, but stopped almost immediately. Then, after saying something and moving his hand, he pulled the cap off the child, revealing long black hair. Everyone on the deck gasped at the sight whilst Y/n merely shook her head, already having an inkling that it was a girl disguised as a boy.