10

Jotaro walked out of the house and lit a cigarette, taking a long drag. He needed to sort his mind out after the bizarre series of events that had occurred earlier today. What the fuck just happened? He questioned himself mentally as we walked out onto the street and wandered the dark roads.

First, he had actually beaten someone up with his spirit, and beaten them up badly. Jotaro had had many fights previously and had left his adversaries in generally a much worse state than this. But that was all with his own physical strength, not that of his purple spirit's.

Y/n had said that their spirits could save them, and she was correct, but it was also blatantly obvious that she also had some degree of control over hers, whereas he did not. His spirit had acted of his own accord when he had gotten angry, and he had honestly no intent to stop it at the time; he had just stood there and watched him beat Charles to a pulp. Once Jotaro had finally managed to snap out of it, he pulled his spirit in with everything he had and ended it properly – with a proper hit.

Then, arguably the worst thing, the thing that had occurred a few minutes ago. He had willingly allowed Y/n to come near him again later that night. No, fuck that. I let her fucking sit on me and I hugged her. Comforting her was something that had just seemed correct in the moment, and Jotaro had even felt slight relief after seeing her smile again. "What the fuck," he mumbled to himself, massaging the bridge of his nose.

Rounding a corner, Jotaro stopped, being pulled out of his thoughts when he saw flashing red lights approach and multiple vehicles stop, with many uniformed officers and medics rushing out. Looking around, he realised that he had somehow ended up back in the deserted alley where he and Y/n had dealt with Charles and his men. Someone had informed the police it seemed, and they had only just gotten here to investigate what had happened. The five men were unconscious, being lifted into the back of the ambulance.

There was no apparent culprit at the scene and there were also no weapons to account for. After all, his spirit's punches left no physical traces and Y/n's knives disappeared after she called her spirit in too. Jotaro was in two minds: half of him wanted to turn around and ignore everything that was unfolding in front of him – the police would not be able to track the two anyway and the men would be in no state to speak for a few weeks at least.

The other half of him, however, was tempted to walk straight to the officers and hand himself over. His spirit was dangerous, there was no denying that. And he also had no control over it, which meant that he could severely injure innocent people without intending it. Being locked up could mean avoiding that altogether.

Jotaro hesitated for a moment before he made up his mind and he strode forward out of the shadows. The police officers looked up at him, their eyes roaming past the visible bandages underneath his jacket and the broken window of the store beside them, the cogs in their brains turned evidently as they connected the dots.

Breaking the silence, Jotaro spoke as he walked up to them and looked down at their confused faces, "It was me."

***

"Oh my god!"

Startled, Y/n opened her eyes, groaning at the loud voice that woke her up. On the other side of the door, she could hear Holly's worried voice speaking quickly on the phone. Judging from the woman's ear-splitting exclamation, Y/n assumed it was something bad and she hurriedly rolled out of bed and walked out of the room.

Holly was stood in the door clutching the landline phone, dread and dismay portrayed on every plane of her face. She was now listening intently to the words of the person she was speaking too, her horror growing every second. After a few seconds, she put the phone down and turned to Y/n.