41

"We're leaving."

Y/n could recognise that voice quite easily now. She could picture the slight scowl on the face of the voice's owner, even in a dream. But, since it was a dream, she could ignore it. It was too soon to deal with her confusing feelings towards said person right now, especially in her own subconscious.

"Oi, dumbass. I said we're leaving."

Ah, now the intonation was gaining irritation. Very familiar. It was funny how her brain managed to portray Jotaro's almost perpetual annoyance so perfectly – she'd only known him for a couple of months.

"Fucking hell, get up."

Y/n was a snap away from telling the voice to shove off and let her dream on, undisturbed – until she felt a sharp pain on her forehead. The ache somehow grew exponentially, and like the voice, it began to feel incredibly real.

Begrudgingly, she cracked open an eye. Crouched before her was Jotaro himself, hand extended just inches away from her head. Unlike her mental image, this one was slightly smirking. Though the smirk was wiped off immediately once he'd realised she was awake. Y/n squeezed her eyes closed to wash away the lingering remnants of sleep before looking up at Jotaro.

"Finally. You sleep like the dead."

Y/n frowned at him, "You flicked me." Her voice came out hoarse, groggy.

Jotaro's eyes narrowed slightly. "I woke you up."

"By flicking my forehead. I'm injured."

"Says who? You imagined it, idiot."

"Mean."

The teenager huffed out a small laugh, covering it instantly by clearing his throat. "If anything, I'm being nice, saving you from being left behind."

Y/n's frowned deepened, "Left behind?"

"Yes!"

Joseph's booming voice sounded from a distance. Sitting up, Y/n looked over in his direction and realised he, as well as Kakyoin and Polnareff, were packed and ready to go. Joseph gave the map in his hands a once over before turning to shout at her again.

"Come on, Y/n, get a move on!"

"Roger that," Y/n mumbled, scrambling to her feet and almost head-butting Jotaro on the way up. He deftly swerved out of the way and stood up, giving her a quick once over before turning and walking away to join the rest.

As he did so, she noticed his still somehow perfectly neat, and sleek clothing in comparison to her wrinkly t-shirt and bottoms that she'd been sleeping in for days now.

Grumbling, she shoved her own belongings into her bag and jogged over to them, inwardly dissenting the fact that they all still managed to look entirely presentable – even after roaming for days in the middle of nowhere.

"Right, now we're all here, let's go," instructed Joseph as he led the way ahead. Polnareff confidently marched beside him, appearing as if he had every idea of where Joseph was leading them. After staring at Y/n and Kakyoin for a moment, Jotaro walked off too, leaving the two to follow behind them.

Looking to Kakyoin, Y/n asked, "Where are we heading?"

The redhead spoke after a few seconds, his voice hushed, "Mr Joestar did say something about Avdol making a healthy recovery. We could be going to see him."

Having heard the name after what seemed like a decade, Y/n perked up. "Really?!"

Kakyoin shot Y/n a hasty glare, "Shush. The entire point of doing this is so Polnareff can ease into knowing he's still alive. Don't act suspicious."