16

With a little 'string pulling', as Jotaro had called it, the tickets had managed to be booked and the five were finally sat on the plane to Cairo. The plane was fairly full, and it was a miracle to have found spaces so last minute. The three students were sat smack in the middle of the centre aisle, Kakyoin and Jotaro sat on Y/n's left and right respectively, whilst Avdol and Joseph were sat together by the windows.

As soon as the flight had taken off, Y/n had shrugged out of her dark red jumper, being left in only a pair of joggers and a tank top. She folded her legs underneath herself and got comfortable, much to the amusement of Kakyoin and annoyance of Jotaro, who both believed it would be best to stay alert. After getting tired of trying to look for a good movie to watch, she pulled out one of the few books she had packed for the flight. Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream was definitely entertaining enough to distract her from the thoughts of what would happen to Holly if they failed to defeat Dio.

Jotaro had also apparently taken interest in the play, slightly adjusting his seating so he could read the script too. Y/n noticed this and subtly stretched, repositioning herself and the novel so that the delinquent could get a better view of the words. She had tried to move discreetly, remembering how he had gotten irritated the last time. Let's not piss him off right now, especially with the stress of his mum, as well as us being so close he can knock the living daylights outta me.

Unfortunately for her, he noticed. However, instead of growing annoyed at her intention, he merely let out a long sigh and openly readjusted himself closer so now that the brim of his hat was grazing Y/n's hair, muttering a quiet 'thanks'. She barely nodded in welcome, wanting to get back to reading more about the antics of the mischievous 'hobgoblin'.

After some time, Kakyoin turned to them, a confused expression plastered on his face, "Hey, book worms." Y/n and Jotaro looked at the redhead at the same time, the girl mumbling a questioning 'what', whilst the boy glared at him for his choice of wording. Ignoring Jotaro's irritated stare, he leaned closer to the two, "Do you hear that?"

Y/n sat up and strained her ears to listen to something unusual. Eventually, her ears caught onto a faint buzzing sound coming from her right, and looking around, she could also see Joseph and Avdol in front of them, glancing around with suspicious stares. Why can't anyone else hear this? she mentally questioned as she saw that the other passengers were still sleeping quietly.

"It sounds like a b..." Y/n trailed off as Jotaro suddenly stood up, squinting into a dark corner of the cabin as Star Platinum hovered beside him.

"No. It's a stag beetle," he stated firmly.

"What's it doing in here?" Kakyoin wondered aloud. Ahead of the three, Joseph leaned down and quickly spoke to Avdol and though she could not hear the entire discussion, the words 'Stand' and 'attack' stood out clearly.

As they stood up to go and speak to the older men about what to do, Kakyoin nudged Y/n slightly forward, causing her to fall into Jotaro who looked back at her with a raised eyebrow. Nearing the two, the panicked expression on Joseph's face was more visible as he frantically looked around, supposedly for the bug. Avdol beckoned the three closer, leaning in to tell them something.

"That beetle may be a Sta-" He cut off as they heard the buzzing sound grow louder, the stag beetle whipping past them with phenomenal speed. Getting up himself, Avdol continued, "It may be a Stand, I have heard of one like that. We must be incredibly careful if that is so, as it's ability is to rip-"

"Jojo! It's above your left shoulder!" Kakyoin exclaimed, pointing to something with a simultaneously disgusted and shocked face.

The rest turned to look where Kakyoin was pointing to, and indeed, hovering above the delinquent's shoulder was a large, dark beetle, its front claws clicking threateningly. After a few moments, yellowish-brown froth began to spew from its mouth, and from that, a claw-like thing emerged instead of a tongue.