8

"Long time no see, L/n."

Y/n gasped behind Jotaro's hand. Oh fuck, no no no! She could recognise that dreadful voice from anywhere. Stood in front of them was the person her brother was trying to keep her away from so badly. How the fuck did he know where I was?

The man casually walked closer to the pair, brandishing the gun as if it were an ordinary object. "Somehow my bullet missed in the darkness, what a shame." So he can't see it being held by Kujo's ghost man?

"Who is he Y/n?" Jotaro breathed from behind her, removing his hand from her mouth to allow her to respond. But no words came, she stood frozen, staring at the man in front of her.

"Are you simply going to stare at me, L/n? You know what your brother did, so you should know why I'm here," he stated matter-of-factly.

Again, from behind her, Y/n heard Jotaro saying something to her, but she could not hear a word he was saying. Her mind was too busy swarming with questions about her brother. What did he do?

After a few agonising moments, her voice seemed to suddenly return to her, "Charles," she addressed in a grim manner, "what do you want?"

Charles scoffed, "I do not like repeating myself girl, you should know that."

Y/n's brows furrowed in thought for a second, quickly thinking about what she should say, but she swiftly smoothed her face back into a neutral expression. "I don't know what my brother did. He told me to leave and never come back two years ago."

"Lies, dear girl," Charles retorted sharply, his face contorting into a sneer, "he had been sending you money up until his death, you know that too."

She had no idea where Charles was going with this. The cogs in Y/n's brain turned desperately, trying to get herself and Jotaro out of this situation. Then, her mind flicked to the ghosts still hovering around the pair. Yes! Charles can't see them!

The older man seemed to grow irritated at her lack of response, sighing and moving closer until he was merely a few feet away. "Silence will not help your case L/n." Charles then turned and looked up at Jotaro, regarding him with disgust, "And since my bullet missed him, care to explain who this man is?" he questioned. A cruel smirk slowly grew on his face, "Your brother would not have appreciated you sleeping around, you know."

Y/n tried her hardest to dismiss his comment, feeling Jotaro also stiffen next to her. He had been watching the entire interaction carry out with narrowed eyes. Snap out of it Y/n! Okay, think! Knowing Charles, he isn't gonna be alone here, so I gotta wait for them to come out so we can get them in one go.

"Maybe he did, why do you care if he was sending me money," she taunted, feigning confidence and hoping Charles would take the bait.

He did. His face hardened over as he heard what she said. "I should care, idiotic child! He stole from us to give to you!" Y/n's eyes widened. He did fucking what now! Charles continued with his heated rant, "And that is why I am here L/n, your brother was useless to me after some time, eventually getting himself killed. After taking you back, we should be able to recover the money he took," he said, an evil glint beginning to shine in his yellow eyes, "by selling you around." As he concluded, four other men stepped out from the shadows behind him, all wielding a wide range of different weapons.

Her heart dropped at his flippant comment about her brother and despair slowly washed over her. But that was soon wiped clean once he had said his final, crude remark, rage instantaneously overpowering any other emotion. His companions had come out, and now they could attack. Apparently, Jotaro had had the same idea, as he exhaled sharply and leaned down to whisper a quick set of instructions to Y/n.