𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄.

Majesty.

The kitchen was full a different scents

The kitchen was full a different scents. Meme and I had a smelling good up in here as we prepared dinner, we was holding the kitchen down meanwhile the boys played the game.

I didn't know much about cooking but I was learning. Meme was cooking the grits, homemade honey-butter biscuits, and homemade peach cobbler for dessert. Meanwhile, I was cooking the salty garlic butter shrimp.

We was bringing the south home with this one foreal, shrimp and grits my favorite combination.

"You and Lontrell been getting real close lately I see," Meme softly said as she added butter and salt to the grits.

"Yeah, we are. Our bond growing on me foreal," I softy smiled, I know my cheeks were red by now.

He was like the source of my joy and the way I've been feeling this past few weeks was something that I never wanted to go away. I hope his intentions are pure. I was afraid of any other man except my daughter's father.

Never would I thought I'd even be around another man after my baby daddy's death, I always thought I'd be stuck on him.

"Lontrell use to straight walk all over bitches but the way he acts with you, I ain't never seen him act like that," She said as she started on the peach cobbler.

"We taking it slow, it's a process and I'm trusting it," I twisted my lips stirring the shrimp in the garlic butter.

"I've been telling you for months your time coming. You definitely glowing, I see it," She smiled. "Right before you know it, you'll have babygirl back, that apartment you want,"

I smiled, "You always telling me what I need to hear."

"That's what besties for girl," She said with a huge playful grin.

"Damn it good smell good as hell in here," D walked in rubbing his stomach with Lontrell beside him. He was face down in his phone as he typed at a face pace.

I finished what I was doing with the shrimp, placing them on a platter. I was now at the sink seasoning the fish that was going in the deeper fryer.

I felt someone come behind me and just by the expensive smell of cologne, I knew it was Lontrell. He placed his warm hands on my waist while placing a single kiss on neck.

"Wassup," He removed his hands from around me and leaned against the sink. "You look good as fuck,"

"Just seasoning this fish," I tried to hide my smile but I know that was unsuccessful.

"You better know what you doing," He smacked his lips and I rolled my eyes while placing the fish on a plate. "You don't know how to cook lil girl,"

"Shut up, I'm still learning," I nudged his shoulder. "You still gone eat it though so shut up and finish playing that game you be on all night," I cut my eyes while washing my hands.

I placed some of the fish in the batter before dropping it in the deep fryer. Lontrell followed me foot to foot

"Nah, you got my attention now," He leaned against the counter.

"You ain't been giving it to me so I don't need it now," I mumbled as he placed his hands back on my waist.

"Y'all look just like a damn high school couple, Majesty you look like a high schooler and so do you Lontrell, look like some damn babies that's in love," Meme said as she started to set the table and some mixed drinks that she made on it.

"We just friends," I playfully rolled my eyes placing the fish onto a clear platter, making sure napkins was on it to contain the fish from being so greasy.

I heard Lontrell chuckle, I don't know what for. He know where stand and that's friends.

Once everything was done and set up, we all fixed our plates and sat at the table to sat after the food was blessed by Meme.

I was ready to tear all my food up, stuffing my face til I couldn't no more. Everything was so good and the shrimp? had me dancing and moaning in my seat.

Everybody was having a good time, clowning around. After D and Lontrell handle their tomorrow night, we was going back to Georgia. I was enjoying everything about this trip but we all gotta get back to our coin.

And honestly I was ready to back home but then again I wasn't, I was ready to get back so I can get to this coin. There was gonna be no time waisted when I get back.

"Come on so I can bust yo' ass in 2K," Lontrell said standing from the table and pulling his pants up.

"Damn, at least finish y'all food, we ain't made this shit for nothing," Meme raised her eyebrow and twists her lips as I looked over at their plates.

"Girl we full, we finna hop on the game real quick so shut that shit up," D responded to her while waving her off and went into the living room.

That real quick turned into all night. All I heard throughout the night was yelling, it's like they addicted. Once they on, they be on for hours and that was honestly unhealthy for their eyes.

Once me and Meme finished cleaning up the kitchen, putting everything away, I went upstairs to shower and put on a oversized T-shirt along with shorts.

The tv was on but it didn't have my attention at all, my attention was focused on my phone.

My mouth was getting dryer then the dessert, I forced myself up and went downstairs to get a bottle of water. Just as I was about to go back upstairs, I noticed Lontrell up sitting in the dark with a hoodie over his head scrolling on his phone.

I went into the living room and stood in front of the tv to where he can see me. "What the fuck you doin' standing there?" He questioned lifting his brow.

"I was just checking on you," I folded my arms and looked at him sideways. He never talked to me like that, definitely got me fucked up foreal.

"Ion need you checkin' on me," He kept his eyes on his phone, not even looking at me.

"I was just checking on you because you was in the dark but fuck you, don't say shit else to me," I scoffed.

He shrugged his shoulders, not looking up at me once. I stood there for a minute before going back upstairs, I see how it is now.

I wasn't about to beg him to talk to me, I already done been through so much shit and still going through shit. He was being extra for no apparent reason, got me feeling like I think something to him.

I hope he keep that same energy because now I see what he on and I'm on whatever he on.