Chapter 2

ii

ii. so tell me what you want to hear, something that will light those ears

LATER THAT NIGHT, NICK WAS WOKEN up to hear Lucy yelling something.

She rubbed sleep out of her eyes, standing up to put her slippers on before opening the door, seeing Susan stand there equally as confused. Nick shrugged her robe on, walking into Peter and Edmunds room with Susan as Lucy tried to explain how it was real.

"I saw Mr Tumnus again. And this time, Edmund went too!" Lucy exclaimed and they all turned to look at Edmund in his coat.

There was silence for a second. Nobody was quiet sure what was going on and whether this land was real or not.

"You saw the faun?" Peter asked, sitting up in his bed. It was obvious that he didn't believe it was real.

"Well, he didn't actually go there with me," Lucy said, furrowing her brows in confusion before turning to Edmund. "What were you going there Edmund?"

Edmund looked around, looking at the confused faces. Even he didn't know why he shook it off, lying to everyone through his teeth.

"I was just playing along, I'm sorry Peter. I shouldn't have encouraged her," Edmund said, looking at a distressed Lucy, "You know what little children are like these days. They just don't know when to stop pretending,"

There was a smirk on his face from the way he had acted but a hint of guilt in his eyes as he watched her run out of the room crying

Susan and Nick were close to follow her, Peter on their tails. Even though Nick had only known the Pevensies for around a month and a half, she had become closer to them than any other children in the nearby village.

All of a sudden, Lucy knocked into Proffesor Kirke and the three teenagers stopped in the doorway as they watched.

"Oh sh-" Nick started to saye her grandfather cut her off.

He looked down at the girl in shock, "Ah," he said as Lucy hugged him, upset as she cried.

He didnt move for a second before his hand came down to the girls back to comfort her when he noticed she was crying.

The sound of footsteps echoed through the empty hallway and Nicks head whipped to the side as she realised who it was. She was in big trouble.

"You children are one shenanigan shy if sleepin' in the stable," Mrs Macready yelled out as she ran up the stairs, seeing the scene that had occurred

She looked up in shock to see Proffesor Kirke comforting Lucy, looking at the scene. He might be a very nice guy but he wasn't the most physically affectionate so this was a shock to everyone.