Chapter 20

THE GRIFFINS CARRIED THEMtowards Miraz's Castle, Nick looking around cautiously as she saw the castle

towards Miraz's Castle, Nick looking around cautiously as she saw the castle.

She looked to her right, seeing Edmund flash a light and they dived down. Nick couldn't decide if she was going to cry, throw up or pass out as the birds exploited her fear of heights.

They flew inbetween the spires and the towers, Susan shooting one of the guards that saw Edmunds flashlight and Nick pulling out her sword, slitting the throat of the guard standing next to him.

The griffins set them down, Peter engaging in a sword fight with the final guard as they saw Edmund stand on top of a tower.

Peter threw a rope over, the five climbing down it as Caspian opened the door to his proffesors Chambers.

Susan went down first, then Trumpkin, then Peter and then Nick who Peter helped down like the gentleman he was. He always did that, subtle things that made her chuckle and remember the days in Narnia.

They walked into the room, looking around at the objects carelessly thrown on the floor like it had been ransacked. Caspian picked up a pair of glasses, looking up at the other three and Trumpkin.

"I need to find him," Caspian said and Nick shook her head, looking at him sympathetically.

"We don't have time," she said.

"We need to get the gate open," Peter said and Caspian shook his head.

"You wouldn't be here without him, and neither would I," he said, pleading with them.

"The three of us can deal with Miraz," Susan said and Caspian nodded his head reassuringly.

"And I can still get to the gate in time,' he said, looking at Peter who nodded before running off with Trumpkin.

"You want to tell me about your new crush on the Prince," Nick whispered as the girls walked out, Peter ahead.

"Oh shut up," Susan said and Nick chuckled, trying to be as quiet at possible. They ran down the hall and opened a door.

As they walked forward with their swords in hand they realised they weren't in Mirazs bedroom.

They were in a babies room. They approached the sleeping child and Peter looked at it in shock.

"Where did that come from?" He asked and Susan lowered her bow with a chuckle.

"I thought mum had the talk with the two of you," Susan said and Nick chuckled as they all turned back to the door.

"Very funny," Peter said as they ran towards Miraz's Chambers, opening the door.

They saw Caspian with his knife up against Miraz's neck, his wife aiming a crossbow at Caspian.

"I don't want to do this," she said and Susan ran in.

"We don't want to do this either," she said, aiming her bow and arrow at the woman as Peter and Nick held their swords.