Chapter 16

NICK AND SUSAN STOOD AT A NEWS  stand, the former fiddling with a ring around her neck

They both wore school infirm for their school, St Finbars, which they were attending this year.

Nick and Peter had decided not to wear their rings on their fingers, knowing it would raise suspicion so they went back to having them on necklaces but Nick missed the days where she was planning her wedding in Narnia and they both knew it.

Suddenly, a boy walked up to them, picking up a newspaper.

"You two go to Saint Finbars?" He asked and Nick rolled her eyes.

"Thats right," she said politely and he nodded his head, eyeing up Susan discreetly but Nick didn't miss it.

"I go to Hendon House, across the road,' he said and Susan had finally realised he was trying to hit on them.

"I'm taken," Nick said, about to raise her hand to show him the ring but then realised she couldn't do that anymore.

"Oh, okay," he said, actually talking to Susan and not really caring about Nick.

"I've seen you, sitting by yourself," he explained, talking directly to Susan and Nick took a step back, wanting to watch this.

"Yes, well, I prefer to be alone," she said and he smiled at her.

"Me too, whats your name?" he asked and Susan rolled her eyes.

"Phyllis," she said and Nick nodded her head.

"I'm Gladys," she said and the girls looked at each other with smirks on their faces.

"Susan! Nick!" someone yelled out and they turned to see Lucy running towards them. "You'd better come quickly," she said and Susan put her paper down.

They ran together, Nick praying that Peter hadn't gotten himself into another fight with the other boys.

They ran across the road into the underground as they saw a crowd near the train tracks.

"I'm gonna kill him," Nick said.

She pushed through the crowd, seeing two boys pushing Peter around.

"Peter Pevensie you little sod!" Nick yelled out and he turned to see her, their eyes meeting for a second.

She couldn't stay mad at him for long, her harsh features softening out as he smiled that charming smile at her.

It was all too quick when he was pulled away again, his hair in a mess and some of his clothes ripped as people chanted for the fight.

Nick tried to push through by people kept blocking her, telling her that a fight was no place for a girl. They pulled him to the floor and just as Nick was about to shove the kids out of the way, Edmund ran through.