Chapter 4

THE FIVE WALKED THROUGH THE  snow, following the beaver as he looked around cautiously

"Come on. We don't want to be caught out here after nightfall," Mr Beaver said. Nick followed him, wrapping her coat around her tighter as they approached a wooden house, well more like a wooden igloo.

"Its lovely," Lucy exclaimed and Nick smiled at the girl.

"Its merely a trifle you know. It ain't quite finished yet," Mr Beaver explained and a woman poked her head out of the door.

"Beaver, is that you? I've been worried sick," she called out, rambling on about badgers and Nick smiled as she noticed the five. "Well those aren't badgers,"

"Oh, I'd never thought I'd live to see this day," she said excitedly, approaching them.

"Oh come inside, and we'll see if we can get you some food," she said, the five walking inside to see a nice little house. It looked cosy, perfect for them but a little small for them as they sat down at the dining table meant for beavers.

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Mr Tumnus?" Peter asked and Mr Beaver shook his head.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's House, and you know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come out again," Mr Beaver explained.

As Nick heard him explain about the White Witch, chills went down her spine, the idea of this was terrifying.

"But there is hope, dear, lots of hope," Mrs Beaver said as she placed a comforting hand on Lucy's shoulder.

Mr Beaver nearly spat out his drink as she said it, "Oh yeah, there's a right bit more than hope! Aslan is on the move," he said, leaning in on the table. Nick looked confused, recognising the name

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked and Mr Beaver laughed. Nick thought for a second, wondering where she had heard that name before.

"Who's Aslan?" He questioned mockingly before seeing the very serious faces on the five.

"You don't know?" Mr Beaver asked and Nick shrugged her shoulders at the thought.

"We haven't exactly been here very long," she said, knitting her brow. "Well he's only the king of the whole wood, the top geezer. The real king of Narnia"

Edmund look confused as he stayed standing up, never having warmed to the Beavers.

"And hes waiting for you five near the stone table," he said and Lucy looked at him confused.

"Hes waiting for us?" She asked and Mr Beaver scoffed.

"You're blooming joking! They don't even know about the prophecy," he said, turning to look at Mrs Beaver in disbelief and she looked sympathetically at the kids.