Epilogue ~ Part 2

AFTER HER GRANDFATHER DIED
earlier that year, he had given the house to Nick and Peter to live with their kids.

William - who was now 5 - loved to run around and explore meaning they had to hide all the artefacts. He also loved to play with his two year old sister Betty despite her protests.

They were getting ready for Christmas week when all of the family would be coming round to stay. The house was big enough so everyone visited.

First to arrive was Edmund (now 26) and his 6 month pregnant wife Amelie. Peter and Edmund shared a casual hug as Nick led Amelie to their rooms, helping with some bags.

"Uncle Ed!" William yelled as he ran towards Edmund who picked him up, hugging him tight.

"Your majesty, King William the Brilliant, I have missed you,' Edmund said and Nick smiled at Amelie as they watched the two talk.

"So how are you?" Nick asked as she walked her to the bedroom, Edmund and Peter bringing the bags up.

"I'm good, what about you?" She asked, gesturing to Nicks small baby bump.

"Same as always," she said as the two girls talked for a little bit. She was her favourite in law, not that she'd tell anyone else.

"Mamma," Betty yelled as she ran into the room, hugging Nicks leg and she laughed, picking her up.

"Hey sweetie, wheres daddy?" She asked and Peter and Edmund walked in, almost on cue. He smiled at his wife and daughter as he put the bags on the bed, Edmund behind him.

The next to arrive was the 20 year old Eustace and his girlfriend Jill. They had been dating for 2 years, having gone to Edmund weddings together.

As soon as he got in, Betty stumbled towards him, running on her little legs towards her favourite 'uncle'. They basically saw Eustace as being a brother so the kids referred to him as their uncle.

"I got the little king a present," Eustace said as he reached into his bag. They all told William stories of Narnia which led to him deciding that he was a king himself.

Eustace pulled out a little crown, putting it on Williams heads. He turned around, looking at Peter.

"Look daddy, I'm a king, just like you and Uncle Edmund," he announced, hugging Eustace before running upstairs, starting a sword fight with himself.

"Its good to see you again Eustace," Nick said, pulling him into a hug.

"Its good to see all of you too, its been so long," he said and Edmund smiled, patting him on the back.

"It has," he replied.

After them was a now 23 year old Lucy and her 25 year old boyfriend Nicholas.

"Hey Lu," Peter said as he walked towards them, Betty in his arms as Edmund and Eustace desended the stairs talking.

"And you must be the Nicholas we have heard so much about," Nick said and he nodded, shaking her hand.

"And whats going on here, another one? You two are at it like rabbits," Lucy said jokingly, gesturing to the small bump that she had.

"Oh ha, ha," Nick said, helping her pick her bags up as the two walked towards the room that Lucy and her boyfriend would be staying in.

"You two shouldn't get up to any more funny business in this room, my kids are only down the hall," Nick said and Lucy laughed.

"Yeah, same thing goes to you, I remember in the castle when you two would be at it all night an-" Lucy started before Nick hit her shoulder jokingly with a laugh.

Last to arrive was Susan and her husband George, they had left their baby girl Nancy in America with their nanny because they had the money to be able to do that.

They hadn't seen each other since Edmunds wedding because she had been living in America.

"Come on, lets get dinner set up," Nick said, everyone walking out into the dining hall and getting ready to sit down, Nick placing Betty in a high chair next to her.

"So you and Jill went to Narnia together?" Nick asked as they all sat around the large dining table eating the roast dinner and talking about all the stuff that had happened.

"Yeah, it's a long story but it was lots of fun," he said, wiping some food off of William who was sitting next to him. Susan scoffed, looking at the rest of them.

"Narnia doesn't exist, it's a childish dream, a game we played when we were sad and bored," Susan tried to explain.

The rest of the evening was spent talking, reminiscing on everything and spending time with the family.

And for once, Nick believed that they were heroes.

974 words