Chapter 21

THEY RODE BACK TO SEE LUCY AND the Badger run towards them hopefully, only to see the limited amount of troops walk back

the Badger run towards them hopefully, only to see the limited amount of troops walk back.

It was daylight again as they approached and people instantly knew the sacrifice people had made. Peter walked through with his head held high, an angry and guilty look on his face as he approached the rest of the army.

"What happened?" Lucy asked and Peter scoffed.

"Ask him," he said, his voice bitter as he looked at Caspian.

"Peter," Nick said weakly, holding onto Glenstorms back as she watched them argue like children.

"Me?" Caspian asked, the two stopping.

"You could have called it off, there was still time," he said and Peter turned to him, Susan watching on with pained expressions, not knowing if Nick was ok or not.

"No there wasn't, thanks to you. If you kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive," Peter said, his lip trembling as he looked at Caspian with anger and hatred.

"If you'd stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!" Caspian said, raising his voice at Peter.

Nick knew this wasn't going to end well and she could feel herself slipping in and out of consciousness.

"You called us, remember?" Peter asked, everyone watching the boys fight.

"My first mistake," Caspian said and Peter started to walk off.

"No, your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people," Peter said bitterly, walking towards a sad looking Lucy.

"Hey!" Caspian yelled and Peter whipped his head around, anger evident in his face."I am not the one who abandoned Narnia,"

Peter scoffed, pointing a finger at Caspian as he walked back towards him.

"You invaded Narnia, you have no more right to lead than Miraz does," Peter said, raising his voice at the end as Caspian started to walk past him, ignoring his comments. "You, him, your father. Narnias better off without the lot of you,"

"Peter," Nick whispered like a prayer as she saw black spots in her eyes, her breathing slowing. Caspian turned around as he heard Peter mention his father, pulling his sword out with a scream.

"Stop it!" Edmund yelled as he saw Nick start to slip off of Glenstorm, blood seeping down her shirt.

He managed to catch Nick as much as he could, helping her onto the floor. Peter rushed towards her as he saw her lean her head back in pain.

Peter started to cry as he held Nick in his arms, knowing that he had done this.

"Nicki, stay with me," he whispered, running a hand through her hair. She looked into his eyes one more time, a weak smile on her face before she went limp in his arms, her breathing slowing down.