Chapter 25

NICK SAT IN HER BEDROOM THAT SHE basically unofficially shared with Peter

She opened the trunk at the end of the bed, once again admiring the wedding dress that had been left. She put it back as she heard her grandfather open the door.

"Nick, someone's here to see you," he said with a smile and Nick stood up, looking at her grandfather as she closed the trunk, locking it and putting the key on her pocket.

She walked down the stairs before she saw a man with dark brown hair standing in the hallway, a cut down his cheek.

Nick sobbed, running down the stairs and into the arms of her father. She hugged him, watching as he smiled at her and her tear filled eyes.

"I missed you so much," she sobbed, looking up at her dad as he smiled at her.

"I've missed you so much sweetie," he said, looking down his daughter.

But he furrowed his eyes as he looked into her eyes, seeing they were just like his, filled with terror and nightmares. But he ignored it for a second, assuming it had something to do with Narnia.

When him and Nicks mum Betty were children, they went to Narnia too, he had lost his ring somewhere along the way.

But he smiled as he noticed it around his daughters neck, knowing it wasn't the one that had been passed down the Kirke family for generations.

"I missed you too dad," she said. He placed a hand on her cheek, running a bad of his thumb over a cut on her jaw.

"What did you do?" He asked and Nick chuckled, moving away from her dad for a second.

"Tripped in the garden," she stuttered and he smiled, knowing she was lying.

"Now come on, show me this boy you keep talking about in your letters," Bill - her dad - said with a smirk and Nick smiled, grabbing her dads hand and dragging him upstairs.

"Peter!" She yelled out, wondering where he was.

She opened the door to their room to see it empty, she sighed, looking around.

"Peter, Pete darling, where are you?" She asked and Bill smiled at his daughter as she walked along the hallway, opening the door to his room to see that Peter wasn't there.

She looked around confused before walking to the library, opening the door and seeing Peter asleep in the chair.

Nick sighed, walking over and sitting down next to him. She saw him start to shake, a thin layer of sweat on his forehead and she knew he was having a nightmare.

"We'll meet you downstairs in a minute dad, I'll just wake him up," Nick said, pushing some hair out of his face. Her dad nodded, walking out of the room.