Chapter 19~

You go to collect the phone from Shigure,
"What is it Hatori?" The bitterness in your voice made very clear to him that you didn't appreciate his call. "Akito demands you back here, I'll come and collect you now." You receive a sharp response back.
"what!? Why could he possibly want me, not to mention at this time of night!?"
"I don't know his intentions, y/n. But with the mood his in its better not to defy him. See you soon." And with that, Hatori hung up the phone.

You let out a loud sigh. "What's wrong y/n?" Asked a very concerned Tohru Honda. You just let out a distressed smile followed by, "seems I won't be spending the night here. Akito has requested my presence so Hatori is coming to collect me. Don't let me keep you up though, I'll let myself out." Tohru suddenly looked quite displeased with your sudden leave, but even more so she seemed worried for what Akito could possibly want with you. Shigure put his 2-penny-piece in as-well (obviously), "Nonsense y/n. I'll stay with you until Hatori comes. I wasn't going to retire just yet anyway."
"Thank you Shigure." You respond, trying to sound sincere.

A few minutes go by and Hatori is now waiting for you outside. You say your final goodbyes and leave. The car ride was silent, you gazing out the window and Hatori looking at you from time-to-time through the windscreen mirror.

When you arrived you were harshly greeted with the sounds of Akito throwing a tantrum. You prepare yourself for a beating as you enter his room. Suddenly, Akito sees you and collapses into your arms. You were shocked at first, but slowly came to reality with the situation and carried him down to the floor whilst also holding his embrace. He looks up at you, slaps you across the cheek and then smiles. "Why did you leave me?" He asks, that fickle smile soon turning into despair and frustration. "I didn't leave you Akito, I was simply following your orders. I had a strong impulse to stay the night with Honda in order to get closer to her. After all, what's a better opportunity then to spend the night with her." You were lying through your teeth, you went to Shigure's because you didn't feel comfortable with being treated as though you weren't there, but the desperation in Akito's eyes made it impossible to hurt him. "Are you sure? I didn't do anything wrong?" He sounded like a child clutching at straws. Yes, Akito was very powerful, cold and callous, but behind his facade hides a extremely vulnerable little boy with the desire to be needed. He cares deeply for all the zodiacs in his own twisted way, he wants them all to idolise him, to show him a bond so pure and defensive, almost impossible to break. He needs constant reassurance that he is necessary. Seeing him like that, it breaks your heart more than anything else ever could get close to.

"Of course not, my lord. You could never wrong me of any sort. My whole existence is to see to you, my god." To anyone else that would sound quite sarcastic, but you and Akito knew differently. Every word you said, you meant. He was your sole purpose. Your love for him was the reason you continue to breath. You worship him, and the worst part of it all, he knows that. Your one weakness... is him.

"So, you'll stay with me? Till the very end. You'll see to it that I'm contempt until the day this forsaken curse takes play and I finally die?"

"I promise you, my life belongs to you and you alone. I'd risk anything and everything I had to offer for you my lord. As it should be."

"As it should be." He repeats, followed by a small mid-evil giggle.

"Yes, as it should be," he begins to stand while you stay kneeled on the floor glazing upon him, "you've got it all right Y/n, My you really are a clever girl. You understand. You know what role you play. You know your worth. You know that you are here for my benefit. Why can't the others acknowledge that? why don't the others come to the same conclusion? They're all too busy trying to break away from me and live there own lives, why can't they figure out they're are only placed on this earth to serve me?" He then bends down and raises your chin with a lone finger and says, almost as a whisper,

"or better yet, why don't they love me like you do?"

Your heart begins to quicken at his last words as you look at him so helplessly, like prey caught in the predators grasp. He continues,
"You love me, don't you?" Almost as if it was rhetorical, but by the look on his face is was clear he wanted an answer. You say there shaking for a few seconds before hesitantly responding, "yes." The grin on his face grew wider as he smothered you with his embrace. His arms hanging loose from your neck almost as if he was materialistic. And then he places his head upon your chest and let's put a peaceful sigh.

"You're all I'll ever need, y/n."