Chapter 13~

A/N: sorry for the spam of chapters tonight but I'm just really in the mood for writing right now. I hope you enjoy them!

The next few weeks were pretty mediocre. Although, you were pretty hyped about your test score, 92/100. For someone who has never been to a school before, you were quite a smartass. You even helped out Tohru when yuki couldn't, trying to manipulate them into trusting you. You guys were in the same class so you already knew most things she struggled with, honestly it made you pity the helpless loser.

Akito hadn't shown himself to you after your last encounter so you went to talk to him when you got back from Shigure's. He ordered you inside after hearing you declare yourself behind the door. He seemed ticked off, must of been a bad time but you followed through anyway. "Have you got anything for me or are you here to procrastinate as usual?" He hissed. You clicked your tongue at him, "Nice to see you too, kind sir." Your sarcasm was getting under his skin, you could tell. "I'll get straight to the point then shall I? Shigure has booked a holiday at the Sohma beach house for all the family to attend to." Akito grew impatient, "so?" You sighed, "Akito I don't think you heard me correctly. ALL the family are invited very much so attending. So why don't you check in with them. Get to see how their doing for yourself rather than having me as your messenger."

Akito was about to snap before he reconsidered the words that came from your mouth. "Hmm, I think your onto something their y/n." He stood up, his back still to me. Hearing him say your name was enough to send your spine in a loop, you didn't hear it often but when you did it made you remember why you fell in love with such a wicked man like him. He started walking towards you, placing his frail being infront of you and patted the top of your head. All of a sudden you heard him whisper an almost inaudible phrase, "good girl." And with that, he left, leaving the door open as a signal for you to relieve yourself aswell. 'Did he just call me-' your phone started ringing before the question in your head was fully announced, it was Hatsuharu. "Hey y/n," you hear a familiar friendly voice greet you, "how are you doing?"  

You were never that close to Haru, yeah you guys would talk from time to time but there was never really a bond between the two of you, well until now at least. "I'm great haru, thanks! How come I have the pleasure of your digital company?" I joked, "aha, still as acerbic as ever I see! I just haven't spoke to you In a while and wanted to check up on you that's all."  You could feel his warm smile even through the phone, haru was always like that. He would check up on all the zodiacs, I'd call him the peacekeeper of this bizarre family. But, like everyone else, haru had a dark side so ominous it could make a normal individual stopped dead in their tracks. "Awh that's so kind of you. I'm doing good. Thanks for checking in!" Before I could hang up, I heard haru mention something I wish was erased from my memory, "oh, y/n. I heard about your panic attack. I hope you really are doing as well as you say." Your heart sank, then came the heat of rage directed at Hatori. That bastard told people. Why? That's so out of character for him. Oh wait till I see him, he's dead meat!

"Y/n?..." Haru snapped you back into reality. "Oh sorry I thought I heard Hatori shouting me. Um, don't worry about that, Hatori blew it Way out of proportion! You know how he tries to act like a father figure to everyone." I heard haru let out a small sigh, half-filled with relief, the other doubt in your words. "Okay y/n, if you say so. Just take care of yourself okay? You mean a lot to us zodiacs, even though no one really shows it." Those words filled your heart, making you feel contempt. Truth be told, you knew how irrelevant you were to the other members of the Sohma's. It's like your just there, but no one seemed to pay attention to your existence. You didn't particularly mind it for it didn't put you at ease either, it was just a situation you never really pondered about. You wanted to thank Haru, you wanted to let him know how much those words comforted you, but all you manage to say was, " oh haru please, don't flatter me." And giggle before saying goodbye.

You headed back to your room undetected lay on your bed staring at the ceiling wondering if what Haru said was really true. Maybe in some sick twisted way, the zodiacs really did care. Although, you doubt it. You sigh in relief and wipe the thought from your conscious mind. "Whether or not those words were true don't concern me, I really couldn't care less about the other zodiacs." You tell yourself in a half joking tone. It was so peaceful, the silence of your room soothed you. Mine space completely relieved of stress as you stare at your ceiling in solace.

Right, time to unleash my wrath on Hatori.