Chapter 9~

Hatori patched up your wounds as soon as he saw you in the kitchen, he normally lectures you about how you shouldn't wind Akito up but this time he stayed quite. "No preaches this time? Maybe you should check your own temperature, not mine." Once again your cheek seized to entertain, "you have two broken ribs and a fracture in your right arm. I'd class that as extremely lucky." You just rolled your eyes.

After Hatori's little allocution, you got ready to go out. Hatsuharu offered to help you study for the upcoming term exam, something which you didn't really need to worry about yet you didn't want to decline the offer either. You set off.

A few hours pass and you're packing up to leave as Hatsuharu escorts you out, you thank him and head on your way back to the main family residence. Hatori waited for you in the hallway which caught you by surprise. He need to check over your wounds. As you sat there patiently letting him change your bandages, he coughs up quietly, "Akito wants to speak to you, but I don't know what sort of mood he's in so it's really up to you whether or not you go to him." Of course you respond "can't keep his highness waiting." With a smile. Expecting Hatori to object but yet he only lets out a small chuckle. Something's not right, Hatori never laughed at your impudence before.

After making your way to Akito's room and allowing yourself in, he stares at you with a blank expression while you prepare yourself for another beating. Although, that beating never came to pass. Instead, Akito just says, "thank you for yesterday, I needed to unleash that anger." He acts as though it was completely consensual. " you're welcome, Sia," you reply, mildly shocked at the fact Akito had even brought it up at all. He soon approaches you and starts to investigate your wounds himself, racing his finger over them causing you to blush slightly.

"And, I'm sorry."

You stare at him wide-eyed in disbelief. Akito Sohma, your idol, just... apologised? You begin to chuckle, which soon turns into hysterical laughter. "What's so funny?" He said, you now feeling as though he's snapped out of his abnormal behaviour. "You felt the need to apologise to me? Pardon my arrogance but that just seems slightly absurd to me." Akito rolled his eyes at you. "Normally you deserve it, but yesterday you took the brunt of my frustration and now you tell me that I shouldn't apologise for it? I somewhat admire you."

Something was definitely weird about the atmosphere you returned home to. First, Hatori seemed to be light-hearted towards you; now Akito was being fragile with you. What was going on.

"Why do you look so aghast? I'm no monster! I have a heart." You shake yourself back to reality, "I know you do, just didn't know it was partially directed at me." That comment shook him off and lead him to resign you. You head to your room.

~Authors note~ sorry I haven't published in a while I'm extremely busy at the moment but I hope you enjoyed this chapter (: Hope you all stay safe and I'll try to release another chapter as soon as I can. ☺️