Chapter 21~

You suddenly went ice cold, shaken to the bone. "How'd- you know about that?" You questioned wide-eyed. "Oh, Ayame mentioned it to me as he is going to be there on behalf of Yuki."

'Fuck you Ayame, you've gone and tossed me in it head deep. Snitches get stitches asshole.' You thought to yourself while lowering your head and gritting your teeth. "Y/n?" You look up to see Hatori surprised, most likely to you noticeable reaction to his last statement, before you had chance to speak his demeanour changed, he looked at you with the eyes of a proud mother and says, "y'know, I'd be happy to go with you."
"You don't have to! It's not really that important anyway as I know what I'll spend the rest of my life doing." Hatori seemed intrigued by that, "oh? You've figured what career path you want to follow?" Pffff, how gullible can you be? "No silly, I'm dedicated to Akito of course." He buried his head on his hand. "Y'know y/n. It is very important to include Akito as he IS the head of the family. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to revolve your whole life around him."

He had a point. Yet, you weren't concerned with what would happen after Akito passed, because that time isn't yet.
"Thanks for the advice Hatori, and I'd appreciate if you did come! I was silly to think that I couldn't ask you. But, I'll worry about MY future when the time comes to do so. After all, I can always rely on the other zodiacs if I ever needed help getting back on my feet, right?" You let out a big smile. He just sighed and nodded in response then got up to leave. Hatori knew you were lying through your teeth, as if you'd ever ask for help. That just wasn't your style.

After an hour or so you were in your room studying when Akito showed up to your door. To say you were surprised would be an understatement, yeah you two had grown quite close but for the occasional chat such as this was still way out-of-character for him. "I overheard your conversation with Hatori." He starts, oh no. Is this a bad thing or a good thing? You couldn't decide. "Parents evening huh? I think I'll tag along." Your cheeks blew up and your eyes became gaping holes from what he has just stated.. HUH?! "H-how come?" You managed to spit out. Akito glares at your ceiling a few seconds before responding back with "well it gives me an opportunity to check on the other zodiacs. And besides, I'm interested to see what goes on behind doors like those that I have no control over." And with that he leaves. As if parents evening wasn't going to be eventful enough, now a bomb has entered the already overgrown minefield.

'God, why has life become so much more stressful now that bratty-barbie bitch has been thrown into the mix? Honda, don't meddle where you don't belong. You're causing me a whole lot more chaos then I bargained for.' Your train of thought wonders.