Chapter 8~

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of self harm at end of chapter! If you are sensitive to the topic please keep an open mind or simply skip the part if you feel you could lose control.⚠️

New years approached quick, next thing you know you're getting rushed away from your breakfast by Hatori, whom is ordering you to help with decorations for the day. Fortunately, you had a get-out-free card, "I'm going to study for the next years opening exam with Haru and Momiji." No you weren't, but he didn't need to know that. "Are you joking!? you just got out of school. Besides, you weren't sent there to get top-tier grades." Goddamn Hatori, always finds a way to manipulate the situation. "For a individual who holds a medical degree, you're really not the best of educational intellectual type." you carry on, "may I remind you that if my grades aren't deemed acceptable I'll be thrown out of that school faster than you could say Alaskan pancake pile driver upside-down milk machine!" (don't google it!) Hatori was not amused, " I don't even know what you just said but I don't care to argue with you y/n. Go off." Always works to out smart the smart one. The real question is, what are you going to do now?

You wonder around for a bit. A child approaches n your direction and swerves to avoid contact with you. "tsk! I hate children," you mumble to yourself.

>>>Time Skip>>>

The night had come. After you returned, Hatori has forcibly convinced you to help decorate. That man almost always gets what he wants. People started to arrive. It was momiji's turn to deliver the dance. Sohma traditions. You go to check on Akito, who seemed to be beaming full of malicious joy at this point. "Akito? Genuine smile? my I must of past on to my paradise." He wasn't aware of your presence. "Y/n don't spoil the mood." then quickly results to ask you, "Has Shigure and the others arrived yet?" you sigh, "Patience my lord, the festival has just started and they have far to travel." he 'tsks' and sends you on your way.

An hour passes and Shigure arrives, without Yuki and Kyo. "no no no no! this cannot happen!" you think to yourself. "Welcome Shigure, you seem a little short handed there. Where are the others?" confusion soon turns to dread as Shigure spills out, "Oh they had a last minute arrangement so were unable to accompany me." Damn you Tohru Honda! You and hatori both look at each other in concern of Akito's reaction. You chuckle, "Hatori, you better get your magic in shape. I think the princess is about to lose her memory of this place." Hatori sighed, "that's not funny y/n." Shortly after, he stormed off. You shrug it off and go to join the others, keeping a close eye on where Akito is and how his behaviour deteriorates.

The night is close to over. You head over to your room as Akito drags you in by your hair. "Ow! What the fuck! Warn me next time you're gonna pull a stunt like that-" Now was not the time for your wise as comments. You could see the fury in his eyes, you could sense the anger he was about to unleash. He slapped with enough force to knock you to the ground. Of course you hadn't done anything to deserve this treatment but being Akito's rag doll was something you got quite fond of. Attacks after attacks from all angles. He finally calmed down after 45 minutes of beating you senselessly. You try your hardest to get up and once you managed that, you limp to your room... smiling?

⚠️ Trigger warning! Self harm is implied in the next paragraph! Please be safe and skip if you feel uneasy about the context!⚠️

The truth is...

No body could hurt you as much as you do to yourself. A blade to your skin, cut through like sewing needle. Trying to mend the issues. You don't know why you cut, you weren't depressed. In fact you were relatively happy. Maybe it was to make yourself strong in order to face Akito; was it for the satisfaction? Or, was it to unleash the aspects of human you carried in order to shield Akito from them? Who knows. All you do know is no one can ever find out!