Chapter 11~

You were in Hatori's office, he grabbed you a cup of water and some sort of pill to 'calm your nerves' so he claimed when he handed it to you. You felt like such a fool, exposing your weak spot like that. For someone who buried their struggles for beyond reach for the human mind, panic attacks weren't something you were fond of. Never before had you experienced one and yet the first to come was in front of Akito. This is bad.

"Stop fretting, you're going to get yourself all worked up again." Hatori just re-entered the office. There was silence for a moment before broken by Hatori's next words, the words that made your throat throb, "is this because of Akito, y/n?"  You sat motionless in your seat.
'How can he read me so easily? Have I really become that weak!?' You thought to yourself. "What makes you think that, Hatori?" Your words were some-what shaky, but you played it off as if you were fine. "You've never had such a reaction before. Even when he beat you to a pulp you came back even more enthusiastic than you were the following day. I'm just trying to figure out what brought this out all of a sudden?"

Quickly jumping to the defensive, you reply "if I were you I'd stop trying to solve such an inconceivable puzzle, because the truth of the matter is that I myself haven't even come to terms with my actions. So stop worrying your pretty little head about it, wouldn't want any more grey hairs to show through." You smiled playfully at him, adding insult to injury on your teasing words. He just glared at your arrogance. "It's not a laughing matter, y/n. This is serious and I don't know if I'm suited to help you." The worry in his tone made you frown for a second, what have you gotten yourself into. Still, you will not allow this cursed family to learn of your deep issues. After all, you don't even face your problems, so to hell with the idea they could heal them.

Pretending nothing is at wrong slowly fools you Into believing there really is nothing wrong. You were at peace with the idea of that. Eventually, you knew it would catch up to you. Not now though, not yet!

"Your so serious, hatty! It knocks me sick at times. Y'know, from time-to-time it's good to relax and enjoy yourself, maybe instead of concerning yourself with such a mild intrusion, maybe practice what you preach and help yourself out now-and-again." And with that, you stood up and grabbed your school bag.

"Not so fast!" Hatori exclaimed. Those words made you release a loud groan before turning to face him again. "You're not going to school today-" before he could finish you cut in, " No! We had a deal! I never knew you were one to go back on your word Hatori!" He stared at you before continuing, "not my choice." Your facial expression dropped from irritated to straight angst. Hatori left the room as you slouched back down in your seat, head in hands, elbows resting on your knees and mind-space clouded with anxiety. Deep into your thoughts, you didn't acknowledge Akito's sudden presence. Therefore when he spoke, you jumped a little from your current position. "So you're okay now?" His voice was stern and showing no signs of mercy, which only extended your confusion. "Yeah, so I'm gonna head off now." You softly said, still not moving. You were looking down at the floor, your hands tied into one another resting on your thighs. "No, Hatori already rang in and told them you will be absent today under my orders. So you shall stay here." So no emotion in his voice. " Akito, please. I'm fine now. And I still need to follow out the mission." The man towered in-front of you had no response to your plead, in fact all he did was glare down at you and then left.

'Screw this.' You thought as you resumed to grab your bag. Reaching the front door, you feel Akito place a hand on your shoulder. He wasn't rough, he just spoke as though like a whisper, "please reconsider." Before departing again. The words he just spoke rang a melody in your ear, yet a shiver down your spine. When did he become so delicate? What's going on? All you knew was you couldn't stay here, and so you headed off.

A/N: just to notice I will be releasing 2 chapters tonight instead of the 1 because I'm just in the mood for writing (: and also, just a quick suggestion that if you like bungo stray dogs/ Dazai then I have a short story/fanfic I recently published so please check that out and give me your feedback if you would😊.