Chapter 39: Hopeless

*Trigger ⚠️ warning: This chapter might be triggering because of its sexual nature*

Mia's POV

As I began to lose consciousness, I could feel Jared's slimy hands creeping up and down my body.

Disgust washed through me as I struggled to suck in air.

Jared leaned in closer while moving his mouth towards me to whisper his hot, alcoholic breath, into my ears.

"Damn baby, I've been waiting so long for this moment with you." He stated as he began to move his lips even lower down my neck; licking my throbbing aortic vein.

Deep panic set in as Jared licked and kissed along my pulsing vein.

"Baby, I don't want to hurt you." Jared stated as he slightly loosened his grip on my throat.

For the first time in, what felt like forever, I was able to breathe a little better.

I quickly sucked in as much air as I could; not knowing when I would get another chance for oxygen before Jared choked me again.

With his large, calloused palm still wrapped loosely around my neck, Jared moved his lips back up to my ears and sighed his hot breath heavily against my skin.

Again, I instantly smelled the alcohol that lingered on his breath which spoke volumes.

I was aware that Jared had substance abuse issues. So now, I understood that this was probably heightening his bad behavior towards me and Zane.

"Is this pussy wet for me? Just like it was for Zane?" He asked in a disgustingly harsh whisper.

"Jared please don't..." I pleaded with him softly, making sure he could see the anguish in my eyes.

I was frightened out of my mind.

Out of anger, Jared gripped my neck hard as he scoffed at me and averted his eyes at my pleadings.

"Urgh, don't look at me so pathetically, it makes me sick! Did you you plead with Zane like a little bitch when he was violating you in that bathroom?" He asked while spitting his disgust on the floor.

I could tell that, every-time Jared thought of Zane, it pissed him the hell off so I didn't answer him; I didn't want to set him off even more.

After a moment or two of silence, Jared seemed to calm himself enough to loosen his grip on my neck.

I sucked in another deep breath before deciding to speak up again.

This time, I spoke up with more confidence in my voice. If he was disgusted with me pleading for him to stop, I would try a different angle.

I stared Jared in his eyes and held them as I spoke again.

"You're making a HUGE mistake. You do know that, right? Just let me go and we can pretend that none of this -"

I was cut off abruptly.

Before I could even finish my statement, I Jared grabbed a hold my pussy from the outside of my dress.

"Fuck all that shit you're saying, Mia! You and this" Jared lowered his eyes to emphasize where his hands rested on my vagina, before lifting his bloodshot eyes on me again. "Are mine!"

Defiance and annoyance bubbled forth within me. This man did not own me, and I hated how entitled he was behaving.

Especially since we were barely even a couple.

"This will never be yours!...I will NEVER be yours." I spat my words at him defiantly while turning my nose up at him.

"Oh, really?!" Jared asked skeptically as he raised a brow at me.