Chapter 36: O Lounge Part one

Zane ♠️

We made it to O Lounge in downtown Fort Lauderdale a little past 9:30 pm

We made it to O Lounge in downtown Fort Lauderdale a little past 9:30 pm. We'd already started drinking and my mindset was on complete "Fuck it!" tonight. I was determined to forget about all of my stress that I'd been feeling this week.

Tonight, our group had our own VIP section where I could stand and watch over the crowd and just relax and vibe.

I was in my zone, boppin my head to the music and sipping on the smooth Bourban in my glass. The music was good and the ambiance was dim and relaxing, with blue and purple uplighting flooding the walls.

As Jack Harlow's song, "What's Poppin," began to permeate the room through the speakers, I felt a petite arm slither around my waist. I peered down, only to see that it was Sam's friend, Shania, coming over to flirt with me.

I would be lying to myself if I said that Shania wasn't gorgeous as hell. With her curly brunette hair, light brown mysterious eyes, tanned skin and slim curvy body....you would have to be dead NOT to notice her.

"Hey, Zane? You look lonely over here... You wanna dance?" She asked as she leaned in towards my ears, while standing on her tip toes.

I took another sip of my drink before slowly shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly. Why not? It's not like I had any obligations to anyone else.

My mind immediately flashed to memories of Mia's gorgeous face. However, as soon as images of her entered my mind, I quickly dismissed those thoughts out of my head.

I smiled down at Shania and nodded my consent before heading back to our table to place my glass down.

As I approached the table, I spied Alicia sitting on the black sofa in our VIP section, completely consumed in texting someone.

As I got closer and observed her demeanor, I noticed the slight raise in her brow, indicating a small level of distress.

The closer I got, the more she looked perturbed.

And now that I thought more about it, since we'd arrived at the lounge, I've noticed that Alicia was more interested in her phone than actually taking in the scene and having a good time tonight.

I grabbed the bottle of Bourban that was sitting on the table in front of Alicia and poured myself a shot.

I took a quick, deep swig, before placing my glass down.

"Hey, you okay?" I yelled over the music while standing above Alicia.

Alicia barely even glanced at me.

"Uh, yeah...." she trailed off as she chewed her bottom lip with her eyes still glued on her phone.

A persons body language can speak volumes in letting you know that something was wrong and right now, Alicia's body language was screaming that something was on her mind.