Chapter 9: During:Part 1

Zane ♠️
The party/bonfire had been going on for about two hours now and I'd yet to see Mia or Alicia. I knew for a fact that Alicia could hang but I wasn't so sure about Mia. I was curious to see how Mia would handle herself since she seemed more uptight and reserved while college parties like these could become rowdy very quickly.

The bonfire wasn't your typical country bumpkin bonfire that was out in some country woods in the middle of nowhere. No, this was actually taking place at a rented out farm style ranch house that was situated on a huge plot of land with a boat dock and lake in the backyard. The home itself was magnificent and must've been worth close to a million dollars. I highly doubted that the owners or the neighbors knew a party was being thrown here tonight.

As I peered around the backyard, I was impressed to say the least. The home included a lit up pool, a jacuzzi,and a fire pit that was situated off into the distance by the lake.

(Fire pit^)From what I could tell, there were well over 100 people in attendance and everyone was either spread out outside and around the fire pit or dancing inside with the music on full blast

(Fire pit^)
From what I could tell, there were well over 100 people in attendance and everyone was either spread out outside and around the fire pit or dancing inside with the music on full blast.  I preferred being outside since it wasn't as cramped.

Once I'd arrived, it didn't take long for me to spot Harper in the middle of the crowd.

(Harpers outfit)When she spotted me, she approached me quickly

(Harpers outfit)
When she spotted me, she approached me quickly.

"Hey Harp." I greeted her with a brief hug before pulling back. "Where is Corey?" I questioned and she gave me a nonchalant shrug.