Chapter 30 The Truth: Part Two

How could that be?

Was Amy's little sister named Rebecca?

Now that I thought about it, that was her name. Except back then we called her Becca.

Wow, I peered over to Rebecca and tried to reconcile what she looked like back then with what she looked like right now.

It was hard because she looked totally different.

My mind flashed back to my childhood where a hazy vision of a very young and chubby Rebecca began to slide its way back into my consciousness.

The last time I saw Rebecca, she was prepubescent and fat for her age. Now, she was the complete opposite.
(Rebecca before )

(Rebecca now)

Goosebumps prickled my skin

The more I thought about it, the more memories of a younger Rebecca flooded my thoughts.

Holy shit.

The plethora of questions I had just moments ago, multiplied ten-fold.

Certain things about her behavior were now beginning to click in my mind. However, I was still confused about several other things. Namely, why my father was being so secretive about knowing who Rebecca was.

I turned my attention back to my father and noticed that he let go of his grip on Rebecca's arm.

Now, he stood dead still and stared only at the ground. It was obvious that he was purposefully avoiding eye contact with my mother and myself.

I watched as his chest puffed all the way out as he sucked in a deep breath and held it in for a few long moments. He then exhaled a big sigh, releasing all the pent up air that filled his lungs.

I peered towards my mother who still hadn't said a word. Her dark brown eyes were large and round like saucers. The obvious shock was written all over her face as her mouth fell open with disbelief.

As for me? I couldn't stop shaking my head. I needed more answers.

I eyed my dad skeptically with squinted eyes.