Chapter 14: The Decision

Zane ♠️

Mia was one of the most infuriating women I'd ever met and yet, I would be lying if I said I wasn't smitten with the woman. When I woke up this morning, the last thing I expected was for her to have called Jared to come to my house and have him pick her up. Who the fuck does that?

The disrespect I was feeling right now was astronomical. Mia fucking knew that Jared was the one thing that would set me over the edge and yet, here he was, standing in my goddamn house like a moron. The longer he stood there the more I could feel my heart rate increasing while the heat in my skin pervaded my entire body. I tried to make sense of the scene unraveling in front of me but it didn't make any damn sense.

At first, I wasn't going to let Jared into the house. What the hell did I look like? A jackass? But then I changed my mind because I wanted Mia to see the both of us standing here while she explained to our faces what was happening.

I completely understood that Mia didn't have to fucking like me and I knew that we weren't in any sort of relationship. But damn, the least she could do was show some respect for my feelings; especially after I'd taken care of her last night.

I glanced over towards Jared and I could tell he seemed off and shaky, almost as if he hadn't slept all night. And I didn't doubt that he was probably on aderrall and hadn't slept at all. I shook my head because I could bet my life that Mia probably didn't know that he took that drug.

When Jared knocked on my door this morning, he'd barely even greeted me before asking me where Mia was. That was some disrespectful ass shit and that, alone, pissed me the hell off.

Not long after I allowed him to step inside my home, Mia appeared in the doorway. Once I saw her, my eyes immediately turned to slits as I eyeballed her reaction to seeing Jared in my house. And to my relief, Mia seemed genuinely surprised at seeing this man show up out of the blue. The revelation that she didn't know he was coming calmed me down just enough so that I didn't punch something or a certain someone that stood beside me.

"Um, what are you doing here Jared?" She asked with confusion written all over her face. Jared chuckled lightly before responding.

"Morning babe, I'm here to pick you up of course." Jared walked deeper into my house in order to get closer to Mia and I nearly lost my shit. I moved past him and stood in front of Mia before he did and grabbed a hold of her arm. I pulled her towards the bedroom as I peered back at Jared to excuse us for a moment.

"I need to talk to Mia for a second." I hissed while trying to keep control over my anger.

"What?.... Why?" He questioned me like an idiot while he crossed his arms over his chest. "Whatever you say to Mia I'm sure you can-" Mia cut him off while lifting both palms to quiet Jared's words.

He was lucky that Mia shut him up before I did because I was so close to shutting his mouth for him. Did this man want me to punch him in his shit? Why the hell was he questioning me? Usually Jared and I ran in the same circles and I would consider him as somewhat of a friend. But right now, I could only see him as the enemy.

"Hey, Jared. It's fine. I'll go speak with Zane very quickly and then grab my things." Jared exhaled a deep breath but didn't object to what Mia proposed.

Once Mia was done speaking, I finished pulling her into my bedroom and closed the door behind us. I immediately let her arm go and just stared at her intently without saying anything for a few seconds. Right now, I was trying to keep my cool and not make this a bigger deal than it needed to be but whenever I thought of the fact that Jared was on the other side of my room door, I got pissed off all over again. To keep from lashing out at Mia, I began to pace back and forth to let off some steam.