Chapter 12: Hysteria

Rebecca's Point of View♦️

I stood in the shadows off to the side while observing Joshua consoling that Harper chick like she was some delicate flower or some shit. If you asked me, Mia didn't beat that bitch up hard enough. Honestly, I wish we would've tagged teamed the bitch because in my head, anyone that touched Mia or Josh deserved to fucking die. They'd been through enough already and just by looking at Harper I knew Mia didn't instigate this shit.

I knew Mia like the back of my hand and her fighting this bitch didn't just come out of left field. NO fucking way! I had no doubt that Mia losing her shit and beating that hoes ass was probably because she deserved every ounce of those left hooks. I didn't know Harper but, by the way she was pressing her slimy body against Joshua and playing a hopeless victim, annoyed the hell out of me. Like Mia, I didn't like that hoe either; I actually loathed her very existence. And that alone was grounds for me wanting to beat her ass also.

This woman needed to back the hell off of Joshua before she had problems with me next. I came to this party tonight specifically to hangout with Josh but somehow, I was over here in this dusty ass corner while he was over there, consoling some bimbo looking chick. This shit was far from okay and it didn't resonate well with me.

The way that Harper gazed at Joshua boiled my fucking blood. The way that she touched him ever so slightly pissed me the hell off. The way that she was playing an innocent victim that he couldn't see past, made me want to crush her fucking skull. Watching them from a distance was making my adrenaline spike and it twisted gut wrenching knots in my stomach. I was thirsty for blood and seeing them together wasn't helping me calm my inner demons.

It also pissed me off that Joshua should've been by Mia's side but he wasn't. Instead, he was with this phony ass bitch. Any sane person could see that something was wrong with this picture. And I wasn't sane so... How couldn't he see?

After tonight, I was determined to make sure that Joshua didn't even remember that woman's name. The only name he would be screaming at the end of the night was going to be mine. I began to laugh hysterically. I wasn't going to let some random bitch come out of left field and steal him from me. I'd been working too hard trying to gain this families trust.

I loved Mia and I loved Joshua like they were my family. And despite what Mia thought of me sometimes, I only had their best interest at heart. The more I thought about it, the more I couldn't just stand here idly and let this shit play out in front of me. I had Mia's honor to defend and so I pushed off from the wall that I was leaning on and slowly ambled towards the two of them.

When I approached the couple, Joshua raised his dark brown eyes in my direction and saw me first. He then smiled at me as he waved for me to come over. Of course he was happy to see me. Tonight we had a blast with each other and this would be the first of many. As I walked closer to them, I observed as Harper turned her head to see who he was looking at. Once she saw me, I could tell that her entire demeanor became defensive as she crossed her arms over her chest and her icy eyes turned to slits. This bitch... The look on her face didn't slow my step one bit. In fact, it spurred me on.

"Hey Josh, I'm sorry to interrupt your little discussion you've got going on here. But, would you be able to take me home tonight? I have no ride and it would be great to spend a little more time with you." I asked boldly with absolutely no shame while my voice sounded as sweet as pie.

If I thought Harper looked angry before, right now she looked like she wanted to kill me as her face turned bright red with rage. She was probably wondering who the hell I was which was the funny part to me. I couldn't help but smile at my thoughts because I was the last person who she wanted to know; she probably wasn't ready for all that. I knew Joshua could feel the tension in the air. He was so sweet as he tried to cut through the awkwardness. Poor guy...

"Uh, yeah Rebecca. Let me make sure Harper is okay and then we can head out." I smiled because I knew Harper probably hated how nice he was towards me. Harper stared at me for a long while before turning her head to look up at Josh.

"You know tonight wasn't what I'd expected...BUT meeting you made everything better. Maybe I can get your number and we can meet sometime this weekend." She sounded like the cunt she was. There was no way I couldn't interject.

"Oh Harmony..." I butchered her name. "Josh and I actually have plans this weekend. But I guess he could still give you his number just in case I cancel." I smiled at Harper with a bittersweet smile while Josh shifted his gaze uncomfortably back and forth between the two of us. I had no plans with Joshua and he was probably confused about this so called date but... I manifested it into the air and it was about to become true. Especially because I noticed he didn't object to what I'd just said.

I could tell Josh was completely puzzled by this entire interaction but this was what happened when two Alpha females wanted the same prize. It was how we communicated and showed that we weren't going to back down.

Joshua cleared his throat before finally interjecting his two sense and trying to diffuse the entire situation that was erupting in front of him.

"Ladies, chill out. I'm just trying to make sure both of you are safe." He then turned to me. "Here's my keys, can you start the car? I'll be right there, I promise." I wanted to stick around and see what he said to Harper but I did as I was told.

This wasn't the end of this story; Harper was not about to win this fight with me.

***********************

Vote + Comment PLEASEEEEE it takes one second to hit that VOTE button :)

THE BATTLE IS ON!!!!!

Now lets see what's up with Zane and Mia...

How do you feel about Harper and Rebecca?

How do you feel about Mia and Zane so far?