Chapter 1: Ashley Casel

I'm not a witch. At least I don't think I am. Yeah, my family is a little nuts but..a witch? I'll just tell you my story.
    My name is Ashley Casel. I am seventeen years old and I live in Colorado. I live with my Mom because my Dad died in a car accident and the county people brought me here. I don't really like my Mom but still, here I am, living with her in a run down Victorian house. Which by the way smells like smoke,alcohol, and wet rats. I have a brother named Jacob but he moved away.
    Now, information on my parents. Mom and Dad met when they were in high school. They dated Junior year, broke up Senior year. Then got together again in College.Then they broke up again. Mom got a major in Health Care and Dad got a major in Education. Mom ended up stopping school because she got pregnant with Jacob. After she gave birth she found a steady baby-sitter for Jacob so she could finish college. Dad finished college with a D+ in math. Mom ended up getting her Associates degree and Dad graduated with Honors. Mom never got a job afterwards but Dad did. He teaches Science at the Community College in Denver. I moved in with my Dad when Jacob had left Mom on her own. She was doing drugs and I wasn't going to stick around for that. 3 years later Dad got hit by another car and was dead. Since I'm not old enough to live on my own and with no other known family the county workers brought me back to Mom. Oh yeah I'm supposed to be telling you about my witch life. Well let's get on with it shall we?