Chapter 20: Sandy and Thomas

I don't know what time I fell asleep but I knew it wasn't long when I actually woke up. I got up and stood by the window. It was snowing and Wonder was loving it. Shadow on the other hand was not. Wonder was about to prance in the snow when a current vision struck my mind.

I was inside a very pink room. Sandy's room. Atop her dresser was a heart shaped picture frame of her and Brenden, kissing. Ew. I thought. I turned around towards the door and Sandy came in close to tears, Thomas right behind her.

"I'm telling you Sandy. It worked." Thomas tried.

"What did she say then?"

"She said even if she did say something that I'd still wouldn't be able to know it's her. Then she said my name and I just knew it was her."

"She's here. I'm scared for her."

"Yeah I know. You've been saying that 300 times in the last hour."

"I have not! You're such a boy!"

"Are you sure? I already knew that since I don't have a girl's name."

"Ugh! You knew what I meant."

"Well of course I did. I'm not stupid."

"Stop with the snide comments Thomas! This is serious."

"No! I had no idea. Thanks for the newsflash." Thomas said and I smiled, trying to hide my laugh. Thomas was definitely my favorite.

Sandy raised her hand to slap Thomas but Mother and Liare walked in then. "Sandy? What are you doing?" Mother asked, noticing Sandy's raised hand.

"Stretching." Sandy lied.

"She was going to slap me." Thomas said truthfully.

"Sandy Star!" Mother exclaimed, wide eyed.

"I apologize for lying to you Mother."

"Why would you slap him? What has he done this time?" Mother asked. So this isn't the first time? I thought. I looked at Sandy and saw the first tear trickle down. "He was irritating me with his snide comments to everything I said." Sandy said, looking at her feet, or of what she could see of them. "Thomas?" Liare said, authority voice.

"What? It's not my fault she doesn't believe my telepathy worked. Or my fault she doesn't have faith that our sister will make it home."

"Your telepathy worked?" Mother said. Thomas nodded and told them exactly what we had said to each other. Mother smiled and Liare clasped Thomas on the shoulder. Mother clapped her hands together and said, "Now, we all know Ashley is home, but we must remember what else will happen. Thomas?"
"Yes? Mother?"
"I need you to go to Darin's tailor shop and request 3 adult women's dresses and a pair of clothes for yourself."

"Yes Mother." Thomas ran out of the room. Sandy looked up from her feet and asked, "What am I to do Mother?"

"You are going to help Liare and I clean out Ashley's room." Mother said. Sandy nodded and left the room. Mother looked at Liare and dismissed him by saying, "Thank you Liare." He nodded and followed Mother out the door, closing it behind him.

"You know instead of staring you could tell the horse to stop or let me inside." I shook my head and went back to bed. Thinking about the bickering between Sandy and Thomas.