Chapter 12: You Ready?

I sat straight up and stared at my necklace on my nightstand. It was glowing an ocean blue color, then I heard a woman's voice. I picked up the necklace and put it to my ear. It sounded like Mothers voice, "Ashley.Ashley." I blinked my eyes and got out of bed. I put the necklace on and walked over to my window. The sun was rising in the west and the birds were singing.

I walked downstairs and sat on the couch.Zuko trotted in and laid down with his head on my lap. I patted his head for a long while. Jonah came downstairs and made breakfast for him and I. We ate in silence until finally I asked the question that I've had in my head all night, "Who's James Allfood?" Jonah looked at me with first shock and then surprise. "He's the King's son over in Springland." he said, looking away.

I stared at him for a bit and then turned my head away. "Why was Dad and mine's last name the same as Maribella's?"

"Human name." was all he said back. I got up and took Zuko outside.

We were playing fetch when this older looking lady appeared in front of me and grabbed my wrists and yanked me towards her. She was mumbling something.

" What?" I asked, concerned.

"King of Springland..is..coming..for me..please..help..me.." she stammered.

"Why is he coming?"

"I didn't..turn in..my.. W.R"

"Your what?"

"Witch Registration!" she said. Before I could say anything else she bursted into flames.

I stood there with my wrists burning and looking a bit confused. Suddenly there was a flash of light and a man in a purple robe was standing 6 feet in front of me. He looked around himself and then came towards me with such smoothness, I almost fell over; and he spoke with certainty and purpose, "I am King Adam of Springland. Have you seen a lady pass by recently?"

He bowed to me with elegance in his balance. I bowed back a little shaken by his soft voice. "I have. She just burst into flames not 30 seconds ago." I said.

"What is your name?"

"I am Ashley Star."

"Ashley Star? The princess of Winterland's King Brad and Queen Sabrina?"

"That is me."

"Your mother will be glad to know you are safe. She has been looking for you."

"I know. I have been preparing myself for transfering to Winterland in 2 days."

"Would you like to stay in my kingdom until then? I could introduce you to my son, James. Also it wouldn't take you as long to get there. Only a few miles."

"Oh that would be wonderful Your Majesty."

"Oh please Adam will be suffice, but King Adam around others and Your Majesty around guests at a Ball."

"OK Adam. I must go inform my protector of my new arrangements." I said. King Adam nodded and followed me inside.

I ran upstairs and packed everything up using my mind. I walk back downstairs with the suitcase floating behind me. I stopped in the middle of my tracks when I heard King Adam's voice along with a much younger voice.

"The princess is here. I have offered her hospitality until she is ready to return home." I heard King Adam say.

"Does she know about Jake? His revenge plan?" the voice asked, concerned.

" She is a Mist. I'm sure she does." King Adam said.

I shook my head as I dropped the suitcase with a loud THUD! And walk into the kitchen. Jonah walks in through the back door and I meet him halfway towards the living room. "Hey!" I said, giddy.

"Hi? What's with you?" he asked, confused by my sudden mood swing.

"Well, King Adam is here. I've made arrangements to stay at his kingdom for the next 2 days."

"Wait, King Adam? Springland King Adam?"

"Yes."

"Wow. That's great."

"I know! OK. Go pack quickly and then get downstairs so we can talk to him and the other person."

"Other person?" Jonah asked. I went to the kitchen and motioned for him to get upstairs.

When Jonah was done we went into the living room to find 3 people.

"Who are all these people King Adam?"

"My son James and my wife Alena." King Adam pointed each one out. James was very cute. He looked just like the James in my dream. Oh my god. This is James. Ocean blue eyes with black hair.

"Hello Your highness." James bowed to me. I curtsied. Queen Alena was attractive as well. Green eyes with blond hair. "How nice to finally meet you Princess. Your mother had told me so much about you." Queen Alena said. I curtsied to her as well and said, "My mother?"

"Oh yes. We talk all the time." She laughed.

"Well, are you ready Ashley?" King Adam asked me. I looked over at Jonah and Zuko. Jonah nodded and Zuko wagged his tail. I scanned my guests and as I landed on James, who was looking at me very intently, I said, "Yes. I am ready."