•••••TEARS OF ZUBAIDA••••• •••Chapter Forty-two•••

FEW MONTHS AGO

The weather that day has been quite stormy, it was one o'clock in the afternoon but everywhere was getting dark as the pregnant cloud was about to release a downpour. It was still during the eid festival.

Sule had returned to Wardanga along with his grandmother, Kaka Fure from Basawa.
Sule's attention was totally on another thing that has been bugging him since his visit, and he's yet to come to a conclusion.

"Suleimanu, are you even listening to me at all?" Kaka Fure tapped his shoulder gently.

"Na'am, Yes?" He jolted.

"Hmm... do you remember that girl you've loved? That girl you decided to change for good because of?" Kaka Fure began.

Instantaneously, Sule began to join some parts of the story together, it was almost similar to what has been bugging him, but then he faced his grandmother and urged her to continue.

"Which girl is that?" He had asked.

"Musa's daughter. Don't you remember her? Or you've finally moved on for good?" She answered scrunching her face at the mention of the daughter's name.

"Zubaida?"

"Yes!" She high pitched. "Who else apart from her? Hmm..."

"Oh, what about her?" He asked trying to hide his eagerness to hear what his grandmother has to say.

"Cikin shege tayi. She got pregnant out of wedlock." Kaka Fure answered tapping her hands on her laps.
At her old age, how she gets a lot of gossips to tell still wonders Sule, at times they bore while sometimes they pique his interest.

"Toh, Allah ya kyauta. God forbid bad thing." With that said, he left the house.

••• ••• •••

Little drops of rain hit the soiled ground, making it muddy and sticky. The night held no glimpse of moonlight, as rain poured all day.

Sule carefully matched the ground, avoiding the path that's very wet, till he reached his destination. Of course, he went to see Magaji, and to tell him of the news he had come with.

As expected, Magaji was seated at the facade of his with his fellow syndicates.

"Magaji, I'm here to see." He said.

Magaji eyed Sule demeaning before meeting him.

"We don't have all night here." Magaji said seeing that Sule isn't willing to talk anytime soon.

"You got her pregnant."

Of course, Magaji needn't to be told whom Sule was referring to as he still hold a grudge with him since the incidence.

He dragged him far far away from his building, "look Sule, this stays here. Okay?" He dipped his hands in his pockets and pushed some naira notes into Sule's breast-pocket.

"Leave!" He ordered, and like a servant waiting for his master's orders, Sule left.

••• ••• •••

"Baraka left immediately after the wedding date has been fixed, and didn't wait any longer since then, what will make you think she's with the phone Ruqayyah?" Malam Musa asked.