When lightning strikes

When Lightning Strikes

'Living with dragons has its' ups...'

In the Haddock household, the twins and their night fury were playing games or drawing, enjoying their time together.

A Deadly Nadder flew around the village looking for a good place to land and did so on one of the roofs of a house. However, the Nadder fell right through causing the owner of the house to curse up a storm.

On another roof, a gronkle witnessed what happened but he too fell through the roof he was on causing another Viking to swear.

'...and its' downs. You need to stay calm, keep a clear head. Not always easy with Vikings.'

Hicca pov.

There was a knock at the door downstairs and my brother and I looked to each other before going down to answer the door. I stayed back and sat on the step with toothless as we watched Hiccup opened the door. Angry Vikings stood yelling. I leaned on my hand not surprised.

When your the chief's children, you get this a lot. Besides, Vikings are always yelling

"One at a time please" Hiccup said. See dad wasn't home and the next best thing was us, well my brother. We watched as he calmed and spoke to the villagers. I couldn't help but smile. He was going to be a great chief.

Toothless nudged me gently and I scratched his head as we watched my brother. After a few minutes he shut the door with a breath before turning to us. Seeing our looks he stopped.

"What?" He asked curiously.

I shook my head. He didn't even know it. "Nothing. What did they want"

Hiccup rubbed the back of his neck. "Dragons"

So my brother explained the whole landing on houses and accidentally collapsing them.

"So we need a place for dragons to land and rest" I said and hiccup nodded

We drew up plans and sketches, just lounging around. When dad got home we showed him and Gobber.

"More supports?" Hiccup suggested, showing the blacksmith

"Eh, well, they are dragons." Gobber said.

'In our own way, we're very reasonable.'

Over the next few days we worked on it. I would find myself pounding away in the forge. I had dipped the heated metal in the water before hammering away. I could feel a heated gaze in my back. I glanced behind me to see toothless looking at me.

"What?"

He shook his head. "Nothing"

I glanced at the hammer then at toothless. "Wanna try?"

Toothless perked up but looked unsure. He hesitantly got up and walked towards me. I gave him the hammer and stepped aside to explain.

I guess I was ranting as I pointed to the materials.

"Hicca..."

I stopped. Toothless was smiling at me making my face heat up. "I don't speak human forgery language, remember?"

I grinned. "Uh, my bad"

I explained it as simple as I could and instructed Toothless how to hammer the metal into shape properly.

"Ok so then you-"

Toothless brought the hammer down, the sound echoing and sparks flying. I looked at it.