In Dragons We Trust

'As you fly through life, it's good to know who you can trust....and who you cant' Hicca Haddock started

Hiccup was free falling through the air. His body was calm and relaxed, the wind blowing through his hair.

I shook my head from behind Stormfly as I watched Toothless catch Hiccup. There wasn't any negative emotions in the bond, just trust.

"Nice catch bud" he said as they flew up, hiccup looking down. "A lil close"

Toothless shrugged. "Purpose work"

Hiccup rolled his eyes.

'Hiccup and I know that we can always count on Toothless. And it's important for him to know, that no matter what, he can always count on us' Hiccup Haddock said

I turned to Fishlegs. "Your turn. Jump"

I really don't want to jump." Fishlegs said nervously while fidgeting.

"You have to believe she's gonna catch you" Hiccup said. "It's a trust exercise"

"I like to do my trusting on the ground, thank you very much" Fishlegs said and I rolled my eyes.

"Like this chicken legs" Snotlout said and I raised my head to the heavens complaining to the gods. Why'd they give us him? Snotlout then raised his hands in the air and slid out of his saddle.

"WHOOOO!"

Snotlout continued to fall and I watched interested. Hookfang didn't move. I snickered.

So...should we mention something to Hookfang?" Tuffnut asked who watched as interested as I was.

"Lemme sleep on it" his twin replied.

"Hookfang" I said and he looked at me boredly

"Fetch"

He looked confused. "What?"

I nodded to Snotlout and he immediately dove towards the Viking who was tumbling.

"NOT FEELING THE TRUST!"

Hookfang managed to catch the boy but they couldn't slow down enough and crashed into a house. My eyes widened.

'Oh no.'

They crashed, creating a big whole in the house but quickly flew out.

"You'll pay for this!" Mildew yelled and I groaned.

I hated that old man. He tried to take Toothless away from me and even before. Whenever I was in his way, he would push me like I was nothing.

"Something tells me we're gonna hear about this" Hiccup says.

I subconsciously gripped Astrid's shoulders.

***

Dad dropped the piece of wood onto the table.

"Shingles again? Didn't we have that for dinner last night?" Hiccup says trying to joke.

Dad gives us a look and he stops. My eyes drop to the piece of wood and I glared at it.

"It was an accident Dad" Hiccup says. "I'm sure Mildews making it sound worse than it is"

'I bet'

Dad shook his head. "A dragon and a huge, obnoxious boy crashed through his roof. Twice"

"Well if you stick to the facts" Hiccup said.

I glared even harder at the board.

"Of all the houses on the island, Mildew's? You know he hates dragons more than anyone else!"