How to pick your dragon

'Here on Berk, we've always done things one way. The Viking Way.' Hicca Haddock stated

'Since the dragons came, the Viking Way has become...well..the hard way.' Hiccup Haddock said

'Unfortunately some people-' Hiccup started

'-like our dad-' Hicca interrupted

'-still refuse to change.'

Hicca Pov

We stood on the dock as Vikings pulled and docked a boat. All I can say is that it had probably seen better days.

"It's that rogue dragon again" Gobber stated

The fishermen had a dragon problem and weren't getting fish.

"That's the second boat this week that he's destroyed"

Toothless grumbled as we all shared looks.

"Well we lost another whole catch" dad said turning to Gobber. "We could've saved it had we gotten there sooner"

"I know how you could've gotten there sooner" Hiccup said and I nodded.

See we've been trying to get Dad to think about having a dragon to help with chiefly duties.

It's not going so well.

He's very hard headed.

As if to prove my point dad sighed heavily and muttered with an eye roll.

"Here we go again"

"Had you flown on a dragon, you could've gotten there in five minutes instead of two hours." I said

"And you might have even chased that rogue dragon away." Hiccup stated

"For good"

"A statement from a dragon speaks louder than a statement from a Viking. They don't exactly care about what we have to say" I said

"As the chief of Berk I do thinks the Viking way" dad said as he tried to salvage pieces of the boat

"Not the dragon way"

"Well the "Viking way" is causing us fish and just as many boats."

Gobber walked up. "The kids got a point. If you were on a dragon-" dad scrutinized Gobber as if actually thinking. "-you could protect this island from a lot of things. Even Alvin"

"Right. You could use a dragon to-"

But dad cut of Hiccup as if not even hearing him. "You're right Gobber"

My eyes widened. You're not telling me that Gobber is getting through to him and we aren't.

"Alvin knows we have dragons. He'll be back"

"You saw what those dragons did" Gobber said gesturing to Toothless who was sitting a little away on the dock. "They had Alvin on the run"

"Imagine if you were the one commanding them" Gobber said.

"I'm listening"

Me and hiccup's mouth dropped open in shock. Gobber has actually gotten through to dad. He was actually considering it once after Gobber. We were telling him this for weeks!

"Did you hear that?" I ask my brother. "He's listening"

"Well clearly not to us"

"Gobber has to teach us his ways. He's got to. I'll bribe him if I have to"