What flies beneath

What flies beneath

'Everybody has a past, even dragons. And sometimes, the past can come back to haunt them.'

Toothless was asleep holding Hicca in his arms when a shiver ran up his spine waking him up. He felt a presence but he couldn't be sure if it was really who he thought it was.

He growled lowly in his throat stirring Hicca  and she blinked. She hummed softly.

"Toothless?" She muttered

Toothless looked down at her apologetically. "Sorry Hicca. Go back to sleep"

She nodded and dozed back off. Toothless smiled at his beautiful girlfriend before frowning and glaring at the ground.

'And when it does, you're gonna need to be there for them.'

Hicca pov
I awoke in an empty bed. I sat up yawning looking around. Toothless was at the window looking out.

"Good morning" I said. Toothless turned and crooned at me. I turned to my brother who was still sleeping.

I grinned.

I sneaked over to his bed and before toothless could try to stop me like always, I tackled him.

We rolled on the floor. Hiccup groaned and I laughed. Toothless shook his head and pulled us apart and helped up Hiccup who smiled appreciatively.

After eating breakfast, we walked through the town. It was a cloudy day. Hiccup and I glanced at one another when we saw a group of villagers.

'What could possibly be wrong now?'

We walked towards it to be greeted with a huge hole. I raised an eyebrow. Toothless bounded towards it and sniffed before growling loudly. He stood tensed.

"What's wrong bud, it's just a hole" Hiccup said patting Toothless.

But before toothless could say something we heard Bucket in the hole and we looked down. Mulch sighed relieved.

"Bucket! There you are. I've been lookin' for you all night!"

"Sorry, Mulch. But I think I finally found it...my happy place!" Bucket said happily.

But then the ground gave a small shake as Bucket was launched out of the hole. We stared surprised.

"What happened?"

"Something pushed me out! There's something down there. Something big" bucket said.

My brother and I looked at one another and then down at he hole when we saw Toothless jumped in.

"Toothless?" I hollered down.

"Stay there! Don't come down here!" He snapped and I flinched. Toothless had never snapped at me before and his voice sounded angry and intimidating.

I looked to hiccup who looked at me in disbelief. We then stepped back when the ground shook and there was a whisper, a quiet rumble getting louder.

My heart sped up as the noise got louder. I started to feel scared.

"What is that sound?" Astrid asked worriedly.

"Eh, whatever it is, it's giving me the willies." Gobber said.

Suddenly, a dragon burst from the ground with a growl. It looked like a worm but with many spines and tiny wings on its back.

"Whoooooaaaaa, look at the size of that thing!" Snotlout exclaimed in awe.

"Ugh do I have to?" Fishlegs gulped.

"Everyone! Get to your dragons!" Astrid commanded.

They did just that but Hiccup and I stared looking at the dragon. It looked familiar. However I worried about Toothless. Where was he and was he ok?