Defiant One

'The life of a Viking can be difficult, harsh, and stormy. Nobody could make it through alone. Eventually you're going to have to rely on someone. Unfortunately we do not always get to pick that someone.'

Hicca's pov

I kept my eyes opened as we flew over the sea. A fishing boat hadn't returned so we set off on a search and rescue, not that we exactly knew how to. It was windy and cloudy today and i could tell we would get rain later. I sighed

"This is so lame. Why are we even out here?" Snotlout asked loudly as to be heard over the wind. I rolled my eyes

"This is our first dragon search and rescue mission" Hiccup said trying to be optimistic. He was the one who volunteered for this.

"I see a lot of searching but not a lot of rescuing! Do you even know where we are?"

"My dad said the fishing boat was last seen heading south" Hiccup said pointing in the direction we were going. Astrid noticing the conversation, flew closer. She looked to me. I rolled my eyes after gesturing at my cousin.

"You don't know what you're talking about! There's nothing down there" he said pointing to the water below us before turning to the opposite direction. "I say we go North"

"And if Hiccup or Hicca said to go North?" Astrid said and we all looked to him

"Are you trying to mess with my mind? Because nothing gets in here! Nothing!"

"Believe me," I said "We know"

Astrid sighed before turning back to Fishlegs. "What does our map say?"

He was trying to hold the map carefully as to not tear it but the wind blew it in his face. "Tough to read at this angle"

"You know what Hiccup, Hicca? I'm done listening to you. I said North and that's where i'm going" Snotlout said before pulling lightly for Hookfang to follow but he didn't want to budge. "Hey, you work for me!"

Hookfang headbutt Snotlout before the two flew off.

"We just gonna let him go?" Ruffnut asked and Tuffnut shrugged

"Works for me"

I turned forward and hiccup and i shrugged at one another as we continued searching for the boat. 'Quiet, finally'

Astrid cleared her throat and looked to us with an unimpressed look. Both of us groaned.

"Fine! We're going! Lead the others' back, we'll get him" Hiccup said before we went after our hot headed cousin.

"He never listens!" I complained "Why should we be stuck with him!"

"I know how you feel, sis"

"Come on you two. It might be so but our group isn't complete without them"

"Are you sure?" i mumbled

"I am" toothless sounded sincere. When did he and those two get chummy?

My eyes widened at what we saw in front of us. I was right about the rain.

"Look at the size of that water sprout" i said

"That water sprout is too big!" Hiccup yelled to Snotlout.

"That's why i'm going around it! Duh!" Snotlout yelled back

"Come on guys. Let's just leave him."

"You know we cant do that Hicca"

I sighed. I knew and it wouldn't sit well with me either