Portrait of the Haddock twins 2

I stumbled as the glacier under us shook and began to crack. My eyes widened.

"Toothless!" My brother yelled to which all the dragons came for us instantly. Getting on the saddle behind my brother, we flew out of the collapsing ice.

I looked behind us watching it crumble as my brother examined the metal piece.

****

-With Gobber And Stoick-

Gobber and Stoick had stopped at a trail they were using to track the kids.

Gobber inspected the area. "They were here..." he sniffed it. "About an hour ago"

Stoick watched Gobber intrigued. No matter the amount of times he did it he could never comprehend how Gobber did it.

"Ill never understand how you do that. What does an hour smell like Gobber?" he asked.

"Not as strong as a half an hour ago" the blacksmith answered.

Then a sound caught the chief's attention.

"Look!" He said pointing to the collapsing glacier "The kids must have found something up there."

"It was in the glacier! I knew it!" Gobber exclaimed suddenly.

Stoick whirled around to his friend.
"Oh, ya knew it, did ya? Then how come we spent a week digging in the sand?!"

"You're the one who came up with that idea!" Gobber argued.

Stoick glanced at the fallen glacier. "Hicca and Hiccup got further in one afternoon than we got in a month."

Gobber rolled his eyes. Maybe this would be a good time to knock some sense into his chief.

"Yeah. Looks like the little Hiccups got the best of us. And we think we're the big, strong, Vikings." He said, flexing his muscle.

"What are you saying, Gobber?" Stoick asked, hands on hips.

Gobber sighed. Stoick could really be a blockhead sometimes.

"Stoick, it's the painting."

Stoick's eyes widened.

"Of course! He's trying to prove themselves."

"Hicca as well" Gobber stated

"Why Hicca?" Stoick asked before realizing it. "Oh"

"I know that it's tradition for it to be men but we haven't really followed tradition. Hicca thinks she'll be forgotten Stoick"

Stoick thought of this.

'I guess I've been wrong. Hiccup really doesn't like the painting and Hicca felt left out. Odin!'

*********

Hicca's pov

We had landed on a sea stack where we think the next clue would be. We looked at the paper and read.

"At the edge of the world, amidst the raging sea; in the serpent's mouth, lies another key"

"Serpents? I hate serpents" tuffnut said before asking a question that made me facepalm. "those are reptiles right?"

Ruffnut turned to her brother. "You do realize  you're sitting one"

At that tuffnut let go the horns of Belch with a sound of disgust. I sighed trying to think of what the riddle could mean. I doubt it would be an actual snake but then again, with Vikings? You never know.

"That cloud looks like a snake" Snotlout pointed to the sky in front of us.

"Yeah and in two minutes, it'll look like a bunny" astrid retorted