XXI.

An hour had passed after Makoto attempted to warn (Y/N). His attempt was futile, and assumed that something bad had happened.

As soon as school was let out, Makoto and Ryo scurried their way over to Atticus' mansion and hid near the surrounding fence. The two males ducked into the bushes whenever they feared someone was walking over.

"I'm 90% sure she's there. Atticus has a ton of security guarding his place and a lot of space, so he could easily hide her there." Makoto whispered observing the guards and the front door. He examined the house of any other means of entry and located a few points.

"Well what if she isn't?" Ryo asked poking his head out of the bush. A ladybug found itself on his head, and it complimented his red eyes gorgeously. His face expressed one of worry for his cross-dressing friend's safety.

"Then we'll keep looking for her. For now we should call the police, we have clear evidence that he broke into her house and kidnapped her from our texts." Makoto said sure the law will prevail. He gave a small smile to Ryo, silently assuring him everything would be okay. Ryo returned the smile along with a thumbs-up.

Shortly after, three police officers pulled up to the building. Makoto and Ryo came out of hiding to confront the officers about their claim. Makoto did most of the talking, exhibiting his texts between him and (Y/N). Two of the officers stayed back and read the messages as one went ahead and asked for the suspect.

Surprisingly, Atticus stepped out and casually conversed with the police officer. Makoto and Ryo took notice of him and silently seethed at him.

"We received a report that you kidnapped a teenage girl. I'd like to ask you a few questions if that's alright." The officer spoke with a stern voice.

"Oh officer Jimmi! What a surprise."

"Do I know you?" Officer Jimmi asked confused.

"My father is a very close friend to your chief. What a coincidence that they sent your department down here." Atticus said leaning on the doorway with his arms crossed, a small sly smile on his features.

"Right, so, what time did you-"

"Listen, I can get you fired and imprisoned if you do not follow my orders. If someone calls about this again, do not send any police officers here. I'll pay you now and every time that someone makes a call about this."

"..."

Officer Jimmi walked back to the two police officers who were awaiting him with questions.

"Any information?" A girl officer asked.

"No, it was just a false alarm. The boys who called got mislead and the girl is actually somewhere else."

"How do you-"

"Anyway chief Kulin wants us back so we should get going."

"Shouldn't we investigate further? Like obtain a search w-" Began the other male officer.

"Kulin wants us. You know how strict he is. I'm above you two so you two follow my orders, we're leaving." Jimmi spoke ending their conversation.

"Wait, where are you going?" Makoto called out.

"Wrong place kid, we'll keep searching for her if we find any evidence connected to the kidnapping." Jimmi said not meeting Makoto's harsh gaze.

"No disrespect, but I literally have evidence right here, his name is Atticus, he lives here, WHERE ELSE WOULD HE TAKE HER?" Makoto said increasing his volume. Ryo took notice and flinched with concern for his friend.